Advice on what to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
    ...I always thought the perfect name for a clown would be Fondle...
    i am sooooooo wanting to use that as my name for my character :-D:-D:-D

Comment

Go for it man, I think it would be very cool!
      Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos View Post
        ...I always thought the perfect name for a clown would be Fondle...
        Yes, no doubt. But with that name i doubt parents would let you scare, or even get near their children. LOL!

Comment

Why was fondle a character in a movie or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarefest13 View Post
            Why was fondle a character in a movie or something?
            No, but think about it. Fondle....just think about that really hard for a moment!

And incase you dont get it, Fondle is another term to caress something gently and lovingly, usually something smaller then yourself.

Comment

I thought fondle meant "happy fun times"

...at least thats what my uncle bill told me when I was young...

....oh god.

Comment

"Fondle"

If a parent makes a negative comment or gives you a suspicious look when they discover your clown name is "Fondle" just say, my first name is "Henry", you have heard of my Daughter Jane Fondle.
                Or maybe you could be "Jane Fondle"?
                Inventor of the fondue pan?
                "Do not spindle, fondle, or bend!" (Remember when those old computer cards would have this printed on them?) Well, "Fondle" wasn't in their list but it should have been.
                You remember Henry Fondle, he was in "On Golden Pond", but then every time he stopped moving for 30 seconds there was always a golden pond under him!
                "Oh, Kiss me you old coot!"
                ..and we can't ignore "Peter Fondle"!
                Last edited by Jim Warfield; 08-03-2008, 03:34 PM.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
                  No, but think about it. Fondle....just think about that really hard for a moment!

And incase you dont get it, Fondle is another term to caress something gently and lovingly, usually something smaller then yourself.
                  And to go just a wee bit farther - Is Fondle The Clown going to live up to his/her name towards you, or is he/she hoping you will take the name as a suggestion? Think about it... Fondle the Clown!!!

"Who are you?"
                  "Fondle The Clown"
                  "What did you ask me to do?!!??"
                  Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Wow that really is a wee bit farther...way to go! Hahahah

-Zackary J

Comment

Yeah well I'm just a bit twisted like that...

Comment

lmao sounds like everyone likes the name then!

Comment

I Played a retarded redneck last season. Not nessecarily retarded but more slow as hell ! My hand prop was a big goofey looking stuffed rat. Last season he was Cousin Booger, but this year he's getting a re hab job on costume and make up.

So im giving him a new name,Special Ed. His costume is of course overalls and a new bodyskin shirt im building but for his short bus helmet im going to use a metal kitchen colander for straining noodles

I ran our hayride que line so i was with the crowd for extended periods of time.

People would say "Hey Nice Rat"

"Thats not a rat that my beaver, every guys got to have himself a beaver!"

I had many guys with their dates step into piles of dung by saying something smart arsed In which i would respond "I'll let you hold my beaver if you let me hold yours"

Then i would walk up to their dates all googley eyed and smiling trying to hand off the rat.

Sexual inuendo's with the right groups are my favorites. Very Memorable!

I rode the wagons and narrated the story on a couple nights. In spots where there was a lull period i would pick a person from the wagon and pick on them.

Just strike up the conversation. Loud and obnoxious!

"Hey i know you"!

"Yeah your that guy, i seen you last week."

" You work for UPS!"

:: Don't give them time to respond::

" Yeah i know it was you, cause you was checking out my package !"

People freaking love when you bust on their freinds like that ! Pick the big guy just don't get to close to him!LOL

Jim had also stated earlier i belive page 1 a VERY good tatic that i love and use all the time especially with my Babyman character when i do main midway acting.(much bigger ruthless crowd,scare fast!)

Jim said the stop and stare and contort eyes and face.

For Babyman i do this with all large groups of girls. They see this nasty yet funny lovable character. I walk fast normally with this character often bouncing as I walk. I see the group out of the corner of my eye about 20 - 30 feet away (you know there looking at you because your parting the flesh sea as your stomping through the crowd,people are getting out of your way,kind of scattering.)

Stop suddenley about 30 feet from that group of girls, make sure your body is in a crouched contorted stance, (important) Tilt head one way slowly and eyeball a few in the front as you do it, smiling stupid ass look on your face,

Let out a really loud laugh and then go dead silent tilting your head the opposite way and size a few more up while again standing contorted. ( all those girls are now like deer in headlights, you have them under your control !)

Now take off like a bat out of hell straight at them!

I make a really loud sound like the annoying sound Jim carrey makes in dumb and dumber Wrrrreeeeehhhhhhhhhh!!!! I suck in air and sqweel at the same time a sound i came up with for a past zombie character.

That tactic i swear once youv'e mastered it, is unstoppable in a crowd. Just roam doing that creature or whatever it would work for almost any goblin ghoul, zombie whatever really. Not just babyman type characters, that was just a for instance.

I have also worked with a girl that had a small birdcage with a miniature pumpkin in it, she talked to it all night as she roamed. Verry cool schpeel !

So theres a few tips i actually teach at my acting seminars,hope they help.

Comment

Wow, very nice tactics. Thanks very much!

-Zackary J

Comment

The haunt can be the most fantastic place around for 500 miles , yet many customers will only remember that one actor who did that one thing or said that one little thing that night.
                              Maybe this is something to keep in the forefront of an actor's mind to avoid getting discouraged or to keep you energized when you begin to run out of steam.
                              I guess I'm trying to make sure my customers leave my show with memories they won't be losing for awhile.
                              It always struck me as ironic when I would have to put up with some customers trying to be weasels and insisting upon discounts from my very resonable admission price, then half-way through the tour they are singing my praises for all to hear , yet there they were earlier wishing to not keep me financially viable and here for them the next time?
                              I like to bask in the personal fantasy that a conversion of attitude took place because of my certain abillitys , whether so or not, I tell myself this to try to erase the weasel-ness memory from our recent, first encounter, gotta stay "positive", it helps everything in this life.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I wrote that down Jim, and i thank you. That is VERY good advice if i do say so myself.

Thanks VERY MUCH for that

Yours

-Zackary J

Comment

Working...
                                X