Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special event nights

Hello,
    We are going to be running two special event nights this year. #1 is a lights out night were we will be turning out most of the lights. Second is a fingerlight night were we will be turning out all of the lights and giving everyone little minni flashlight type things (fingerlights) to go through the haunt with. We are planning this night for Nov. 1st (since its on a Saturday!) to try to bring people back for an extra night. Anyone have any other events they do that work?!
    Thanks,
    Roy

This small light thing sounds interesting.
    If you have any manniquins in you place you should strip them of clothing to give an extra added thrill as the finger light might make it seem as if they are real people naked?
    Creating situations in which the customer's mind is stimulated then has an opportunity to fill in the blanks is about the best situation anyone can ever have for making what seems like real things, events in the mind.
    Over these last 20 years people have had some incredible "experiences" here, all things that I am not doing, don't have here and don't even know how to do, all the product of their minds working overtime.
    (But they think I am responsible and I generally get the credit for it.)
    It's a "Win-Win" situation for me.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim your thinking about the wrong kind of finger. LOL!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Great ideas

Roy,

Those are great ideas! We aren't doing anything special production wise, but we are price wise. We are running on two Thursdays this year (other than that we are a Friday/Saturday haunt). We are between two major colleges in location. So, the first Thursday is college night. Present your valid ID and get $x off your ticket (amount still being determined). The second Thursday is military appreciation night. (We are also between a major Fort and air base). Present your military ID and get x amount off ticket. Just something to try and draw in a bigger crowd from those locations. We are advertising college night on campus and at local clubs. The base is also letting us hang fliers for military night.

-Megan

Comment

But if you get "college" & "Military" there at the same time...there might be a fight?
          Hope Not.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This sounds kinda obvious, but a door sized mirror is rather effective when people come around a corner. Heck, it still scares the bejesus out of me, and I've seen the thing a thousand times! (It must be the ugly image looking back at me.)
            [The above mirror post was meant to be posted elsewhere, but I won't delete it coz the post after it refers back to it]

Regarding special event nights, we have discount nights for non-weekend nights as well, but only with coupons. I figure if they are coming on that night specifically because of the cheaper price, they will also go through the hassle of downloading the coupon and bringing it as well. If they are not expecting a discount, I don't want to provide it automatically (that's just giving away profits.) Being a college town, we also have a special frat night (on a slower weeknight).
            Last edited by monsterwax; 08-31-2008, 11:30 PM.
            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Be sure and invest in putting a piece of plexiglass over that "Round-the-corner" mirror. Some people are walking around with their "punch" set to full-auto!
              The plexiglass is not to protect the mirror, just to protect the fist from excessive slicing.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X