Wearing an Oversized Costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wearing an Oversized Costume

Out of curiosity, what does an oversized costume (or "stalker" costume) feel like to the wearer? How good is your sight, movement, hearing and such when you're inside one?

A part of my has always been oversized. they get used to it.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A part of my has always been oversized. they get used to it.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Smiley,
        It depends on what oversized costumes you are thinking about.
        I can't say too much about the Ex mortis costumes.
        Actually I prefer not to. I don't want to criticize because it would not seem like an objective statement since I own Gore Galore.

But in regards to our costumes.
        They average 20 to 40 lbs depending on the model.
        the latex suits are tight fitting and breathe pretty well with the spandex suit.
        You see through the mouth and that restricts your view. You have no peripherial view. You have to always look around where you are going.

All other suits are steel armature extending up from your body with a heavy weight belt, and shoulder straps. This makes the systems extensions of your body. They don't just set on your shoulders. They are attached to your upper body.
        Vision is through a hole about 18" around hidden from the public.

If you have any other questions regarding oversized costumes I would be happy to answer any questions.
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Depends on what type of oversized costume you are referring to.
          alot of the cheaper ones that are massed produced, have limited vision, and are pretty uncomfortable.
          I thought about creating a line of oversized costumes but the first thing I do when creating a concept is ask myself - Would I wear this?

GoreGalore has Perfected their costumes, and are comfortable, and have great vision, while abit more expensive than the storebought costumes, they are well worth the INVESTMENT!
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Depends on what type of oversized costume you are referring to.
            alot of the cheaper ones that are massed produced, have limited vision, and are pretty uncomfortable.
            I thought about creating a line of oversized costumes but the first thing I do when creating a concept is ask myself - Would I wear this?

GoreGalore has Perfected their costumes, and are comfortable, and have great vision, while abit more expensive than the storebought costumes, they are well worth the INVESTMENT!
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
            X