Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction Tips

Hi Everyone,
    I am a first time home haunter planning to attend a haunted house auction in DE this coming Wednesday. I was wondering if any of you have any tips on what to bid on and what to stay away from? Is used lighting a gamble? Any help you could give me would be most appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Louise

Hey Louise,

Do you live nearby? Have you seen the haunt in action? I'm thinking of going....

Darkangel

Comment

I live in PA. I have never been to the DE haunts but from the look of the auction catalog they have alot going up for sale. I'm afraid I'll be just like a kid in a candy store and want to make sure I bid wisely.

Comment

I would suggest doing your homework and finding out ahead of time what items are being auctioned off and out of those items what would be the best fit into your show.

Once you know the items you can use...research what the cost would be to buy new and come up with a predetermined amount you would be willing to pay for each item. I have seen items sell @ 2 and 3x the cost of new at haunted house auctions.

Bring a trailer, cordless drills and saws, flashlights, rachet straps, and a tool box.

Try not and get caught up in the "bidding war" frenzy like the rest of us :-)

Good luck
        Tim Dunne
        www.FrightKingdom.com
        Proud Member of the HHA
        www.HHAssociation.com

Comment

Working...
        X