Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT News: SCI-FI 2020 warning about Global Warm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT News: SCI-FI 2020 warning about Global Warm.

As early as 2020, 75 million to 250 million people in Africa will suffer water shortages, residents of Asia's Megacities will be at great risk of river and coastal flooding, Europeans can expect extensive species loss, and North Americans will experience longer and hotter heat waves and greater competition for water, the report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says.

Well, I'm not so sure if it is accurate or not... so what do you think about it? :roll:
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

First off I'm not exactly sure how global tempreture relates to Haunted Houses? But since the topic has been brought up, it's all bull shit.

We've only had official recordings of tempreture since the late 1800's and the plantet has been around for what, 4 billion years, I'd say there isn't much to get all worked up about. The press throws stuff at you like 1998 was the hottest year on record (the record is only in the past 100 years), 2000 is the 2nd hottest on record, 2002 is the 3rd, etc, etc. The point is tempreture has actually been going down in the past ten years, look it up. The earth goes through random tempreture cycles.

I won't go into the politics of why librals and the press push this "Global Warming Theory" so hard, I'll just leave it at that.

Sorry for ranting, I know this is a Haunted House forum. I'll try and stay on topic.
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

I have just reviewed the 214 page document for 2008 available here:

http://www.ipcc.ch/pdf/technical-pap...e-water-en.pdf

It seems quite obvious, refering to page 16 Figure 2.2 that about 1950 black and red magic markers were introduced and reporting got a little sketchy after that.

It is so great everyone could get together and justify so much funding. Yet if they are even marginally correct I have them beat in preparedness. Drive with no air conditioning in Texas, work outside, drinking hot coffee and laugh at all the whiners that can't bare to be out of the air conditioning, without bottled water in their clamy hands.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

It sounds like you have a really good start on your life as a super hero script, Gregg. Comics first then a movie? Or maybe a hardcover edition first, coffee table big boy edition?
        I guess my gills wer too far from a body of water today. I drank alot of water and tea and coffee and was still dying of thirst!
        Time to crawl back into the ocean and devolve.
        A really big chunk of ice is about to break loose from antarctica right now.
        The BBC said so a few days ago .
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This has always been one of the issues that sets me off.

The thing I always wonder is where did they have these thermometers set up and how accurate were they. Saying it was 101 degrees on this date in L.A 100 years ago and 102 degrees today doesn't mean anything. Is the thermometer in the exact same spot? Did they pave the parking lot around the building? Is that the record high for the day that lasted for just 11 minutes? Is it an average of the day's temperatures? How accurate can that be?

I think it's all a bunch of B.S. The first Earth Day was organized to battle what was thought to be the coming Ice Age. Environmentalists at the time were advocating creating extra pollution to warm up the planet.

There was a study released the other day that says man has had an effect on the weather - in the other direction. They said that since we have done so much to decrease pollution over the past few decades that more sunlight is entering the atmosphere, heating things up.

The whole issue is just a way to scare everyone, make man out to be evil, and extort money. Sounds very liberal to me. Remember when AIDS was the big issue 20 years ago? Many research scientists signed on because that was where all the money was going. Think of the advances they would have made if they had studied cancer instead, like many of them intended to.

Comment

Very Good Points.

Maybe 100 yrs. ago that thermomenter was placed rectally?
            The Thames river used to get frozen solid each winter and stay frozen into late spring back in the 1200's I heard. It hasn't frozen in a long, long time I guesss?
            Could it be warmed by bacteria? A few people live around that body of water..
            Freon in hair spray was blamed for knocking holes in the ozone , yet in National Geographic they told about an old volcano at the south pole? That spits tons of a freon-like chemical into the air there every day. And where is the biggest ozone hole? The South Pole! (I never understood how all the freon-hair spray would all migrate to the south pole?)
            Maybe we want to blame the humans for screwing up the earth because we need to feel THAT powerfull, even if it is in the negative column?
            "Mommy Nature " does bigger more influential things than any puny human ever could or did.
            After WW1 they claimed crops would never grow where man's terrible poison gasses were used, yet nature had plants growing there that next spring.
            We do overrate our ability for mass evil screw ups sometimes, thankfully.
            We are all just along for the ride, so hang on, and we "control" very little.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think we should do a haunt with all of the rooms based on media generated panic. LOL

Comment

Like UFO's, bigfoot,Maniacs, oh, I guess this has been done before, sort of...
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Chris

That was bait, and this is not a political forum.

There are sites on the internet, that you can go to and engage in these discussions.

Comment

It's not like this is the first topic to come up that has nothing to do with haunted houses, lol.

Besides, it gave Barry an idea >>>>>"I think we should do a haunt with all of the rooms based on media generated panic. LOL"
                    Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
                    ~Miracle Max

Comment

In one of the rooms you could have a actor dressed like a chicken running around yelling "The sky is falling, the sky is falling".lol.
                      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Guess we have to get back to the haunts! No more political BS!!!

Well, it happened to me in the 1990's when we heard the rumors about Jesus Christ was coming on this Earth in the year of 2000 - When the year was 2000, you see, nothing was happened!!!!
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Chris

Just sayin there are places on the internet that support that discourse I suspect that some of the feminine males that post here probably frequent those sites, and would love to engage in that discussion.><

Comment

the feminine males that post here?

I thought they all got huffy and went to another forums?

So, does anyone run their haunt on wind power or solar batteries? Alcohol powered generators? Recycle the haunted house customers waste products for methane or fertilizer that grows something that becomes a bio fuel?

I personally wouldn't mind it being a little warmer in October.
                            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
                            X