Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman

Alright it's here, who's going to see it this weekend?

I am!!!

I know I would have more fun if Larry went with me dressed in his Batman costume! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

I am going tonight, I heard they are running it 48 straight hours here. Oh and Shane, what is with all the odd Larry requests today? First you want pictures of him being hot, sweaty, dirty, and doing something and now you want him to play dress up with you? I don't think it is Tyler that is obsessed...LOL!
      Jared Layman

Comment

Me too!

I am...can't wait! It's gonna be good. Gonna go to the Imax theatre!
        Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
        ~Miracle Max

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_boo View Post
          I am...can't wait! It's gonna be good. Gonna go to the Imax theatre!
          I kind of figured you would be there...
          Jared Layman

Comment

My girlfriend went and saw it today... she said it was very good movie, better than Batman Begins! She thought it was 2 and half hours, but it's not.... it's only like 2 hours and 15 minutes - something like that. Some violence and menace. She told me that she would give the star ratings: ***1/2
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I am going to see it tonight at eight should be good
              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I just got home from the movie and thought it was incredible. One of the best films I have ever seen.

Comment

I already saw it... Midnight show last night. It was awesome. After seeing it though I'm still trying to figure the movie out. When I left the theater I was trying to figure out how much I liked it. The movie is a real downer as several people are killed (won't spoil it for you) but SEVERAL people are killed off in this movie.

The movie on one had is somewhat depressing because this movie is so good, I can't see Nolan agreeing to doing another one. Why would he? There is so much praise heeped on him for this one why not go out on top.

Additionally (spoiler) at the end of the movie you don't know the Jokers fate, you only assume he lives and ends up in the asylum...it was my understanding that it was always part of the plan that the Joker was going to be in a part three. NOW... how would want to play The Joker?

Could ANYONE ever again play the Joker now that so much praise has been put on Ledgers shoulder? If you do another one it would be compared to Dark Knight, and Heath Ledger. That is unfair to any future film or future actor who would play Joker.

Again I assume Joker lives, although the movie doesn't really tell you one way or another, but still a Batman worlds without Joker is a world without Batman.

In the moive Joker says to Batman 'You complete me...we should do this forever'.

The Joker is the best comic book villian of all-time, and they finally found someone who could nail the role dead-on, someone who will probably be nomiated for an academy award for the role, someone who will finally take The Joker to the next level on the iconic stage, and he's gone, gone forever.

No one else can play the Joker no one... and with it seems to me the Batman franchise is gone for good! I predict that Nolan will not direct another Batman movie, he must go out on top. The ending in this movie doesn't lead you to believe there will be another, although it is hinted at but not as clear as the first.

I believe in Harvey Dent and I also believe Batman will die off with The Dark Knight, and Warners will crank up Justice League and we'll see Batman through those films. Warner will crank up other hero's like The Flash and Wonder Woman finally, and maybe make Superman in the same vien as Batman.

Like I said it is a sad die because I think this is the end of Batman.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Gonna see it tonight
                    HHA Member

Comment

Batman breaks record already!

'The Dark Knight' sets record for debut, surpassing star wars

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Comment

Larry,

Both Nolan and Bale have already stated that they are up to doing another Batman film in this recent USA Today article.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...lan-bale_N.htm

I think their willingness to do another film plus the mind-boggling opening weekend box office take this is going to pull in should cause Warner Brothers (WB) to do a quick green light on the next installment of the Batman franchise.

WB is well aware they have a very hot property here and Ledger or no Ledger you better believe WB will strike while the iron is hot.

Out of the rumor mill: I have heard Depp's name being tossed around as a possible replacement for Ledger as new Joker. I absolutely loved Ledger in this role and think his interpretation of the Joker is one of film's all time greatest bad guys. It's really hard for me to imagine anyone, including Depp, stepping into this role. However, I didn't think Nicholson could top Romero and I seriously, seriously doubted Ledger could top Nicholson. If anyone could pull it off it would be Depp.
                        One things for sure, the Joker character is so dynamic that I doubt WB would not insist he be included him in the next film. Seriously, WB would have had the character killed off if they thought Ledger couldn't be replaced. If anyone could pull it off it would be Depp. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what Warner Brothers, Nolan and Bale decide to do.

Either way, I'm excited that everything is leaning towards another Batman film being made in the near future.

-Tim Turner
                        www.ghoulishgallery.com

Comment

Larry

FYI I recieved a call today from WB asking me to be the next Joker I told them that it all depends on where the TransWorlds 2010 show will take place. I think they will be making some calls. Sean my friend looks like were heading to Orlando! Shane and its "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light" Shane this time.
                          Last edited by graystone; 07-18-2008, 08:27 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I want some of whatever Graystone is drinking.

Tim Turner
                            www.theghoulishgallery.com

Comment

Ok, When the Joker is over... the end... what about the next movie??? Such as Batman battles The Penguin? The Riddler? Catwoman? And, what about Batman's buddy Robin?? Maybe Batwoman????? I think Batwoman would be very sexy bitch!!! LOL
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X