No announcement yet.

Batman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to see it and unfortunately didn't get to go to imax since they were sold out. Awesome movie!! I applaud Heath Ledger's Joker. Batman's bike was extremely cool too!

Another spoiler here, Larry we don't actually know that Harvey Dent died, they also led us to believe that Gordon had died. But there were a LOT of casualties.

I agree that Depp would make a good Joker. He's definetely got the talent for it.
    Mrs.Boo

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.
    ~Miracle Max

Comment

What ever happened to creating a work of art that by itself stands the test of time, and not the number of sequels it allows? I think this movie was done beautifully, beyond anything a lot of people ever expected, a full story with a complete resolution but still allowing play at the end. In these few hours after seeing the movie, I just find it hard to understand why people are already onto thinking about the next thing. Sure there's more stories to re-create in the Batman series, more characters, more money to be made.... but why clutter your haunts rooms with expensive props when you could tastefully decorate it with a few? In my opinion there shouldn't be a sequel, at least not with the Joker, in tribute to a wonderful work of art and Mr. Ledger himself. For anyone to step in and try and re-create what was done would be disgraceful, and only met with criticism whether done good or bad.

I don't know... I just feel like the film itself was so powerful and crafted so well that it deserves a lot of credit, not in comparison to what was or will be. I can't imagine a movie that would top it, but it's possible...as long as they respectfully keep the Joker out. After all, the most exact impersonation is still an impersonation, it will never be, look or feel the same, no matter what. What Heath Ledger had to go through to develop that character.... Name someone who could play Jack Sparrow in another Pirates sequel and piss no one off? Haha

"Did I tell you how I got these scars?"
      - - Luke - -

Comment

I mentioned Depp myself as a possible replacement, however I doubt he would take the roll after Ledger. To much praise has been heeped on Ledger now for anyone to step in and get a fair shake.

Batman in this movie tells the Joker you'll be spending you nights in a padded cell... if anyone knows the comics, Joker was in Arkam and the Joker charmed Harey Quinn who is one of the doctors at Arkam to help him escape so he can come back for sure.

But now I can't see ANYONE EVER playing The Joker but Ledger and I think many top flight actors will feel the same.

Before we see The Joker again it won't be a movie made by Nolan, and at this point what Batman movie would anyone want to see without Nolan?

Nolan is the new biggest and best thing in Hollywood...I'm just glad he's on Batman!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Depp would actually prompt me to actually see one of these films again! That would be cool. My brother saw it last night, he said the last Hulk movie was just as good as it. Was Hulk that cool?

Allan

Comment

I dont see how Hulk could be as good. Hulk wasnt that great. I want to see this new Batman. Depp would be a good replacement I guess him and Ledger were friends. But I doubt if he will take the role if offered.?!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

I've attached a pic of Johnny Depp, I don't know where from, but I've doctored (photoshopped) the pic to look like the Joker... I think it COULD be pulled, or at least the look... I couldn't judge the acting, but here you go:

-Hauntguy
              Last edited by Nightgore; 11-13-2008, 02:12 AM.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The other rumor for the Joker is the guy who played in the movie NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN... Javier something.

I can see him in the role for sure.

I would choose either that guy or Depp. Depp is the best actor in Hollywood who can play nearly anything. I would love to see Depp play the role for sure, but I wouldn't be upset to see the Javier guy play him either. That guy was crazy in No Country for Old Men.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Batman

I thought the movie was just "good". I heard alot of yawns from the crowd and even my kids thought he was a wimp compared to Hellboy! He couldn't even handle "dogs" in this movie. I agree, the joker was impressive but Bale sounded like he was doing a "bad" Clint Eastwood impression..go see Hellboy 2 instead!!
                  Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

I saw Hellboy and thought it was good, hell even great! I loved Hellboy one and two. However I wouldn't put it in the league of storytelling, acting, nothing of Dark Knight. Dark Knight and Hellboy are very different types of movies... Hellboy has more monsters and more over the top action.

The creativity that oozed out of Dark Knight was un-real like how Batman was able to go after the hong kong villian and then escape the police by having a plane snatch him. That was awesome!

As for those dogs those where big dogs!!! REALLY BIG DOGS... as Batman said.

Remember Batman is a man dressed like a bat, and Hellboy is a creature from HELL!!! LOL

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

True

Which means I'd rather go drink'n with Hellboy! I agree that the "break-in" part of Batman was cool but that was already done by "Mission Impossible".
                      Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

The plane snatch was also done in a few WW2 movies, except they made it seem more down-to-earth real because there was no CGI and they actually snatched people from the ground with a rope laid between two masts and the tailhook snagged it and yanked them fiercely up, the person had to be rolled up as a tight ball to avoid getting injured.
                        I would have been very tempted to have Batman and the Chinese guy get smacked into a 20 story building and fall to their death and let the movie continue as the The Joker Movie.
                        The Clint Eastwood voice was stupid. Maybe someone was thinking how lame the old Superman TV show was when nobody could recognise
                        Superman as Clark Kent, I mean, they had the same voice! (Same face, same build) Some people look real different wearing glasses ..but not THAT different!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Many times movies are measured by box office success of the cult following they obtain through video, dvd or whatever. Long after Hellboy is gone and forgotten Dark Knight will still reign as the most celebrated comic book movie ever, in large thanks to Heath Ledger but also the whole cast.

I loved Hellboy and truely hope they make another one, maybe 5 years from now when Ron Pearlman is 65 years old, errr after the director who loves HellBoy gets done making two Hobbit movie, which will consum his life for the next 5 years but...

Hellboy doesn't stack up to Dark Knight in anyway. Dark Knight is like a real crime movie, umm a Godfather type of movie only centered around comic book icons.

Hellboy is a movie that is totally unrealistic in every way, where as Batman is somewhat believable, which is why I think people love Batman, he's human.

Batman is the #1 comic book here in the WORLD, Spiderman and Superman look up to Batman and finally we got a real look at a real world of Batman.

My only beef with this movie is that you dont' get to see more of the Joker.

He was breathtaking!

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

Batman grossed 65 million on Friday, breaking the record held by the last Star Wars movie. Batman is on its way to being the number one grossing weekend movie of all time. We'll see...

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

I always thought that title was completely worthless.

“Number one grossing movie of all time”.

Duh! As movie prices increase, along with the general population growing, of course the gross income of future movies is going to follow suit. It's not rocket science!!!

HIGHER PRICES X MORE PEOPLE = MORE MONEY

With that being said, such a title means absolutely NOTHING, unless you are comparing movies released within a few years of each other and if these factors are taken into consideration (which they NEVER are).

Given enough time to allow for the proper population growth and movie ticket price increases, I’m sure that "Ishtar V" could be the “Number one grossing movie of all time” LOL
                              Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                              Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Adam,

One thing you are also not factoring in is DVD, HBO, Pay per view, things that limit the amount of people who watch movies and wait for cheaper alternatives.

But if you go to www.boxofficemojo.com they will show you the top movies with inflation factored in.

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President

Comment

Working...
                                X