No announcement yet.

Side attractions at the exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that seems a little dangerous doesnt it? I mean what if it short circuits and gives a customer a slightly larger shock then intended and they loose the feeling in their arm? No offense i like the idea but it seems a little dangerous.

-Zackary J
    Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 07-21-2008, 09:51 PM.

Comment

side line attractions

We have always been very excited about sideline attractions. In this area we have alot of corn mazes that have corn cannon's, train rides, pumpkin patches, etc. So our customers have come to expect more than just a walk thru haunted house. We have dedicated alot of time and energy into developing side events. We started a laser maze challenge. You need to make your way thru a laser field without getting getting penalties and get the fastest time. We give out awesome grand prize each year. This has not only been good for the haunted house but took off at a national level and are being sold all over, even Kennywood has a laser maze now. I would highly recommend people looking into side line events.
      It can be way more the a extra $3.00

unit13maze.com
      battleofthehauntedhouses.com
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sts; 07-22-2008, 09:39 AM.

Chris @
      Scream Theme Studios
      Fort Collins CO.

Battleofthehauntedhouses.com
      Screamtheme.com

Comment

Great pict! Those laser mazes look awesome. great idea
        Sean De Wane
        ----------------------------------------------
        The De Wane Asylum
        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Very cool! I really like that maze idea...i was thinking about doing something similar in my haunt this year.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words about the lazer maze.
            It's a fun add on to the haunt and our customers love it! We also have a trailer unit called the vault so we can hit the road in the off season.
            And no we dont pull it with our hearse...LOL

cc@screamtheme.com
            Attached Files

Chris @
            Scream Theme Studios
            Fort Collins CO.

Screamtheme.com

Comment

very cool Idea!
              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

We had one of our wagons with a fortune teller in it at the exit of our haunt Scarevania and people went nuts for it. She had a line all night long of people wanting to see the inside. It was a great way for that extra attraction and income.
                Attached Files
                Pumpkin Pulp
                www.pumpkinpulp.com
                Scarevania Haunted House
                www.scarevania.com
                Brian Blair Studios
                www.brianblairstudios.com

Comment

Inflatable Laser Tag

It was here for a night or two. The guy sold about ten tickets.
                  Maybe the outside of the structure looked too small to offer much fun to people?
                  I guess that it was one of three ever built, the guy was given this one, didn't have to even pay for it but it was alot of work lugging it around and setting it up .
                  ...and to think it almost got set up in my backyard!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Maybe a mini haunt for younger kids? I have had some success with that in the past. Nothing too big, maybe 2 or 3 rooms, more visually stimulating then scary.

-Joel-
                    Heartstoppers
                    Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                    www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

A mini haunt for the kids is a great idea!! I may try that myself this year.
                      I think that carnival games with a halloween theme would be a way to make a few extra bucks. "Bloody Duck Pond", Blood Bottle Ring Toss", stuff like that. Get prizes from a place like Oriental Trading .

Comment

Jim Im kinda late chiming in on this post about your balls! LOL! Paintballs this is! But I had to laugh out loud at some of the reasons why they were ripping on you. Ha ha! Maybe your balls got frozen? It is cold in the winter up there in Mutt Carrol you know Jim! If it was in the winter months and you left them in the trunk or car overnight they might have froze then when they thaw out they are very good. Just a thought. Bad bicycle wrecks can rip your balls as well! OUCH! P.S I like those Ideas about the bloody duck pawn and the oriental trading prizes. I think everything should be Halloween from start to finish! It adds a nice touch. Even if you have a magician I think he should do like a horror magic act it makes it more interesting.
                        Damon
                        Last edited by damon carson; 07-30-2008, 03:34 PM.
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Photos

Call me a dork, but I like the idea of having photos taken with one's favorite classic monster (Creature from the Black Lagoon, Wolfman, e.g.) or maybe an actor from the haunt itself.

Would something like this work well to pacify customers while they wait in line (but after they've paid for the haunt)? Those who choose not to have their photos taken can at least enjoy watching those who do.

It might even be relatively simple to make an arrangement with a local photo studio, whereby the haunt receives a portion of the sales, without having to do much of the work.
                          Sarah Meier
                          Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                          "Words they remember you by"

Comment

I was just up at kennywood getting a look at the awesome new dark ride, and I saw that laser maze.

it had a constant flow of people at 5.00 each, I can only imagine how much it'll do during their haunt season.
                            they had a TV monitor outside so folks could watch the progress of the people before them. so it served as it's own line entertainment as well
                            Gravely MacCabre
                            aka Ricky Dick
                            Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                            and
                            Midnight Monster Hop
                            Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                            www.castleblood.com
                            www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                            www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                            Lifetime achievement award winner
                            International Costumers Guild

Comment

Gravely in the maze....

Ok Gravely We all know you rode the darkride 5 or 6 times,
                              But what we want to know is how fast was your time thru the lazer maze??
                              Where you faster then all those kids LOL
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sts; 08-04-2008, 09:21 PM.

Chris @
                              Scream Theme Studios
                              Fort Collins CO.

Screamtheme.com

Comment

Working...
                              X