Hells Gate 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Undertaker,
    It looks great. You are outfitting the panels to be very professional, and realistic looking. You have incredible potential and I am sure you will finish with an awesome haunt.

You should definitly post your video of your haunt on this thread so we can see it, the video that you submitted to "Larry's Best Home Haunt" contest.

Or maybe that contest still gets you angry inside.... hahahaha.

So can't wait to see the final product and a walkthru video after halloween.

Also, you mentioned in a previous thread you are going pro next year?
    How are you able to do that at like, 16 or 17? What about school, and finding a building to use?

I guess you could always take the Warfield route and use your home as the haunt. Except I don't know how your parents will feel about that........

"Nick, I can't find my slippers"

"Oh, those old slippers- check the Vampire Bride in room 2"

"By room 2 are you referring to my bedroom?"

"Not anymore- the bed is on the roof along with your other belongings- I'm trying to outdo the Ravens Grin Inn, so I can be #1 home haunt. Then Larry will see what was coming to him all along..."
    Ben
    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

WOW lmfao thats great !!
      yes, if all goes as planned we will rent out a building next year, we have a lot of contacts that can help us, and my parents will help us with all the stuff that requires us to be 18 or 21, like renting the building, insurance, electrical and stuff like that. We will then just pay them for it all.
      As for my video i dont want to put it on here right now, because i dont want to give people the wrong idea of my haunt. Last years haunt is going to be nothing compared to what we are doing this year and i dont what peple to judge our haunt from last years.
      But i will be taking footage of the asylum once it is up next week and will upload that.

Hope everyone is doing well on there haunts, dosent seem like the pro haunts got much time till they open up. Im excited to see what you all have to offer this year.
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

http://www.haunternet.com/rankings
        read the top and it will explain how to vote, i would really appreciate it if you all could vote, it dosent take more that a minute or two.
        Thank you so much
        Last edited by UnDeRTaKer313; 08-14-2008, 04:24 PM.
        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Heres that banner you asked for.
          Attached Files

Comment

THANK YOU
            your the best Sean

Comment

Heres the flyer.
              Attached Files

Comment

nice work keep it up.
                The Care Taker
                John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Update!!

ok, heres a question.
                  were deciding wether to have the haunt in the front which will mean we are going to have to build all the rooms now, detail them and set them up, then take them down and label where everything was, and then a few weeks before set them up in the front yard.
                  Or we just got the option to set the whole thing up in the backyard, which means we can make it a lot more detailed and more organized, and what not. except we are going to loose a ton of curb apoeal. it will loose a lot of its impact on the quest when they drive by, but if they go into the back for the haunt it will be more amazing than ever imagined.

IDK tough desision. either way, were working on some rooms are below are some pics of the room we are working on, its actually half the size of what the full room will be when its done,

Comment

Comment

Comment

I say go for the back but maybee put some type of set or seen up front directing them to the back yard. It may be less trafic this year but may recoupe next when the word gets outs. I say go with what you enjoy and with what makes you get that creativity out of your syste. If that is posible
                        The Care Taker
                        John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

i agree, i believe im going with the backyard, but i have to double check, because that essentially means i will have a 2000 to 3000 square foot structure in my backyard to decorate and work on for 2 full months i will be able to do so much, it will be great.
                          plus i will essentially be constructed in the nest few weeks, which means i wont have to stress out as much and i can relax and maybe open it up for another week or two, and it will give me time to decorate the front and make sure i still got some curb appeal. just have to work out some details. my overall square footage will go down though, cause im using the backyard as the haunt, so i wont have 15,000 anymore, it will be like 10,000. which kinda sucks, but still really impressive,

Comment

Set it up in back and build a facade for the front. You could cover the whole front of the house, or build something freestanding off to the side where the entrance is. This would be easy to set up and take down for storage until October.

Comment

I agree with shawn, My haunt is made out of trails, panels, and black plastic, and I am building a facade to hide all that
                              INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

Perceived Size Matters

When the customer is deciding whether to spend the money to buy the ticket.
                                Nobody likes to get ripped off, paying too much for too little of a haunted experience?
                                A small place that decides to do more of a storytelling show fills the alloted showtime without needing a vast building or woods.
                                Only past customers will know this going in to it though.
                                Here comes the facade!
                                I drew a cartoon of a huge, impressive facade and behind it was a little oval-shaped camping trailer with an old fat man sitting there petting his cat. (self-portrait)
                                All summer long my house is hidden in a ton of live vines , fooling some first-timers as to how big the house actually is, but if they have driven quite awhile to get here they still usually give me a chance and buy their ticket, THEN I get to proceed to attempt to impress them.
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X