LA HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA HELP NEEDED

Going on a little trip to LA area in December.....of course we are doing Universal and Disney......I know there is a ton of stuff to see in the LA area

Anyone have suggestions???
    Gee could it get any better than this?

Hi Ken,

If you have the time make sure to check out the Queen Mary in Long Beach. http://www.queenmary.com. Besides their Ghost and Legends tour there is plenty to see and do. They have a great restaurant on board called Sir Winston, fairly pricey though.

Have a great time while your here.

David Love
    Hollow 3D Productions
    http://www.hollow3d.com
    hollow3d@pacbell.net

Comment

LA jeepers haven't been there in ages... but when I was the food was generally ok if you avoid all chain restaurants like the plague and book your tables now!!

The best restaurants have 3-4 month waiting lists. If you want to eat, it is what you have to do. Alternatively you could travel with your own personal chef and pre-sourced food. 8)

It is unfortunately like that in any major city. London is no exception. The waiting list for the IVY at its worst is a year!! Put it this way I already have reservations for my birthday in September at somewhere decent! Fortunately I belong to several 'members only places' in order to be spontanious!

Any restaurant that has a window on the street and a name that ends in steakhouse is pure poison. If a waitress trots up and says 'Hi my name is....' then that is your cue to run screaming.....

Somewhere there is supposed to be a fabulous sushi restaurant - -find and report back on how you get on!

Comment

HMMM

WOW 99 people have looked at this thing?

I get someone telling me about sushi (from over seas mind you)and then the queen mary...COME ON there has got to be something worth seeing

Queen Mary looks cool!!!

If they don't have time to cook it....I don't have time to eat it!!

Gee I went to see Pirates of Emerson in northern ca
        I wanted to see something worth wild in LA area
        Guess I should have went back to see Karl and the crew....RUM RUM RUM RUM and MORE RUMMMMMMMMMM

Studios...stores....anything COOL

Hell maybe I will call Stan and check on my T rex

Comment

Well Ken, if you want great sushi in the LA area, try Little Tokyo - right in the center of downtown. Sushi made by real Japanese people!!

If you want to take the family to an amusement park that has a little bit of a history lesson included, try Knott's Berry Farm

If you want to take in a little of the LA/Hollywood culture, you could take in a movie at the world famous Chinese Theater. The area around the theater is full of several interesting sites including the Hollywood Wax Museum

Have a good time, and remember to never look cross-eyed at any of the natives.

Comment

Sushi

NOOOOOOOO I don't want sushi...like I said "if they don't have time to cook it...I don't have time to eat it"

The rest does sound like good options though

I live in Chicago so it isn't like I haven't been to a big city or anything.

The natives??? They are worse here...although it is getting colder and they are now looking for new boxes to live in!

Comment

Ok how about Magic Mountain? I liked it better than Knotts Berry Farm which I find 'too kiddie and touristy'.

Sushi mmmmm .... the smoked eel is especially nice and technically it is cooked ;-)

The residents looking for boxes made me laugh. I am planning to go to Transworld but I don't plan on venturing out from the convention centre except on scheduled tours.

Comment

Psychiatry Industry of Death Museum

How about seeing the Psychiatry Industry of Death Museum?
                It's sick and disturbing.

http://cchr.org/index.cfm/13216

The free Museum is located at 6616 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90028.

Hours of operation:
                Monday - Friday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
                Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
                www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                [Google+] [YouTube]
                [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Magic Mountain Six Flags has the best roller coasters in the entire WORLD! They also have the #1 rated rollercoaster in the WORLD called 'X'.

At Universal their Mummy ride is 10 times better than the one in Orlando, with tons better theming!!!

If you go to Knotts its pretty dead, you can just walk right onto anything but its not that exciting outside of Halloween. They do have a lot of really cool looking old west sets.

Why not try and catch a Laker game? LOL

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

When we went out for Haunt X we went to the Desert, Joshua Tree. Mohave and Death Valley. Also took the Arial Tram up to the mountains near Palm Springs. Hit the La Brea Tar Pits, Disney and Universal. I really like California, lots of great stuff and lots of amazing nature.

Good Luck!

Ben
                    NETHERWORLD
                    Ben Armstrong
                    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                    www.Fearworld.com
                    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

If you want something on the spooky side, try the seance show at the Magic Castle. ( http://www.magiccastle.com/visiting/seance.cfm ) Not cheap, but very fun and good food.

Dave
                      Lords of Chaos, LLC
                      House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Working...
                      X