Roadside sign!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadside sign!!

I had to qualify to get one. Yes I am open at least 8months of the year, yes I am open so many hours a day/week. No you cannot see my place from the highway, no I am not a rock quarry, a farm, or about a dozen other businesses listed on their form.
    They just want tourist attractions to have these signs. Cost: $50.oo non-refundable fee upfront, then $135.00 a year for two signs one facing west one facing east on route 64 at the edge of Mount Carroll, Illinois pointing them down Mill road, which soon becomes Mill Street where they will see three signs leading them to my door, these signs I contracted professionally made for another $183.00.
    I really can't see these signs yanking anyone off the highway while they are on their way to someplace but just to see "Ravens Grin" on a state highway sign as they are driving should remind some past customers that I'm here and maybe direct some new lost customers and for those who have never been here but have heard about it, it will possibly mark Mount Carroll and the drive they are on as the way to get here for a future visit.
    If theft or vandalism removes the state's signs they say they will replace them with no charge to me.
    If I "vandalise" my own state sign by adding a logo or different hours and dates, they will bill me $150.oo for the new sign they will replace it with.
    It will be interesting to see exactly what these signs might do for me, if anything noticable?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

It couldn't hurt. And that seems really cheap (for the government, anyway).

Comment

Illinois sponsered ad things are inexpensive, they are trying to inspire more in-state commerce, gasoline sales, motel/bed& breakfast overnighters.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Congrats Jim! Thats frigging AWESOME! I wonder are there any other haunts out there that have their attractions on a statesign!
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Ravens sign

Next trip out I can see myself getting a pretty unique momento -now where did I put that adjustable wrench

Comment

The most popular road sign to steal in this part of the world is one for the small town of "Alfokey" (maybe that's how it's spelled?)
            Located maybe 40 miles from here.
            I wonder if the do "The Hokey-Pokey" in Alfokey?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Whats it look like Jim? Is it just a green sign that say Ravens Grin or does it have a raven or your pic on it? LOL!
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

If it had my picture on it there would be accidents.
                People would stop to pick up the bum hitchiker and get rear-ended by those who could tell that it was just a sign.
                It will probably be the light blue sign, I don't know if Ravens Grin will be alone on it or share it with another business like the Sunny Vale Nudist Camp?
                (Then I would know why some women arrive on my doorstep and begin removing their clothing!)
                For a modest fee, you can rent the R.G. coa-coa butter application booth Damon.
                You would be a sub-contractor.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ha ha ha! Wow talk about side attractions! LOL! Nice Jim! I didnt know you had that kind of problem with women showing up taking there clothes off. Wow you remind me of Hugh Hefner! He throws one hell of a Halloween party you know!
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Damon, some women go nutty over "celebritys", no matter how un-celebrity-like or financially low on the totum pole they may be.
                    My ex had a cousin married to a "celebrity" (now divorced) he drove a big truck over old cars to entertain the crowd, some young women thought he was the next Brad Pitt-less! Hence the eventual divorce!
                    How "Special" and "Rich" do you have to be? Not very.
                    The majority of all the "Big" money he ever was paid went back into fixing the big truck!
                    Is spending alot of money fixing your truck "sexy"?
                    You tell me Damon?
                    hahahahah!
                    See all the groupies hanging around the truck stops?
                    Oh, maybe they aren't quite "Groupies"?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Very cool Jim, I bet your the only haunt that has a state road sign. I'm thinking by Halloween it will be gone. Your fans will keep taking them!
                      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

harry baals dr, ft wayne, in

This is the most stolen sign in Ft Wayne IN. "harry baals dr" , ft wayne, in

Google it and you will see that it is in Johnny Appleseed Park.
                        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Jim you sure got some balls sitting there guarding those Ravens Grin signs at night! I heard after Dirk and his crew went through the other night you halled a$$ up the road and sat guard by it with a shotgun so Dirk wouldnt get any wise ideas! LOL!
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                          X