Let Them All Burn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Them All Burn...

Hauntworld Magazine is coming fast now...it will be at the printer by weeks end.

We are happy to announce we have 44 advertisers supporting this upcoming magazine. I'm not sure if that is a record or not but it is a lot of advertisers.

This latest magazine will become a show piece magazine to reach out to new industies, both buyers and vendors. Hauntword will use this latest magazine to introduce our industries products to new buyers, and bring in buyers from other industry to our indstry. In other words we're going to bring you new products and services starting with the next issue. This issue will lure them in ...

Expect to see Hauntworld Magazine GROW from this point forward into something you can be really proud of. We also will be installing a full time sales team to make his effort happen! Look for many great changes to come...

Now for the LET THEM ALL BURN comment...

Check out the latest page from the new magazine.

Larry
    Attached Files
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I think the new direction for the mag is looking good.

Now may I point out some of my concerns coming from working in publishing for yrs.
    don't get me wrong, I like the new direction and design. And think it looks great.

Many of the layouts have reversed type. That does make for sweet saturations and deep color, but it makes for a long very tired reading on the eyes. After alot of reversed type many people will take a break from reading it just because it takes too much strain on the eyes in so many articles.

This is however just based on all the articles you have previewed already. It may be very different in otther pages to vary it up.

Also, the gutter and side panels need to have more margin. Being too close to the edges will cover up once a hand is held over it. Making your reader work to get the information. Yes it may only be moving the hand but it is things people forget. You just want to hold it and read. Not shift. Think of Business Cards. That is why there is usally a blank spot on the corner..not just to have nice space..its for your thumb to hold it so you can read it and type the contact info while dialing.

Also, reading on the eyes is made easier using Serif fonts for the majority of the pages and only using san when needed in articles (i.e. some of the reversed type pages) keeping the average magazine point size to 9pt or 10 pt.

Anyhoo. Just something things I wanted to mention. Not trying to be negative just noting from the yrs I have spent working on magazines in Barnes and Noble for yrs.

**It does look great and brainstorm are doing an awesome job. Its going to look good. Be sure to proof read, check font reflow, widows, and typos. hahaha.**

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Im really looking forward to this issue. It looks like the most informative issue yet!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

I can't wait for it to be out!
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
        X