Elvira: Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvira: Hot or Not

Some friends and I had dinner tonight and the topic of conversation somehow ended up on what horror related celebrities have "jumped the shark."

For those not familiar "jump the shark" is a reference to that one episode of Happy Days where Fonzie did a motor cycle jump over a great white shark. To many, that single episode marked the beginning of the end for Happy Days, hence the phrase "Jump the shark" being used to describe something that has gone beyond it's prime.

Anyway, during this discussion, one of the names that came up was "Elvira". We actually had a big debate over whether or not we thought "Elvira" was still a marketable commodity. "Elvira" had quite the line over at Rubies at last year's Transworld but at the same time I'd think twice before doing a changing portrait of her. I personally love her but then again that warm, tingly feeling in my neither regions might just be nostalgia.

What do you think? Is "Elvira" still a marketable commodity for general public or has she "jumped the shark."

Just wondering,

Tim Turner, Head Honcho
    www.ghoulishgallery.com

Tim

I have personally meet Cassandra aka Elvira many times. Let me be the first to say she has a heart of gold. She is loving, caring, and so informative its unreal! She is in my tops for sure along with Robert Englund who I have also meet several times. These two are over the top! Yes she is still a very marketable! On another note is anyone wants to meet her she will be at my friend Pauls haunt the first Fri and Sat of October! Check out the Atrox website for more info! Shane and thats Your still hot Elvira Shane this time.
    sigpic

Comment

Elvira is certainly less of a mainstream icon that she once was. I'm sure she still has a loyal fanbase -- but not sure how many people under the age of 20 (ie the majority of most haunted attraction customers) would really know who she was.

I think it's less about her personally, and more about the low "Q rating." Other icons from the 80's and 90's continue to be discovered on home video or reinvented by Hollywood (Michael Bay's Friday the 13th remake is on the horizon) -- but it's not as if Elvira is really in the public eye anymore.

I know there was talk of a reality show to find the "next" Elvira, did that actually happen?
      Scott Simmons
      The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
      http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

It's Kind Of Insulting

To be "Looking" for the Next..one, whatever? When you haven't "Lost" the first one.
        Sounds like a cad/playboy at a bar with his wedding ring in his pocket.
        Hard to mask the white strip of finger skin where the ring always is.
        Anybody remember that Transworld when she was appearing there , some magazine made it a pre- story and Transworld opened the flood gates to what must have been the general public that day, bringing all foot traffic to a halt all around her location. Venders were not happy with a traffic jam that was gridlocked.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hot or Not

Elvira is one of the hottest 60 year olds I know!! That's why she is booked at our haunt this year... We felt she is very marketable because of her icon status. I have had tons of e-mails from fans wanting to meet her. Elvira's agent has told me this could be one of her most successful appearances in a while. Just from the marketing stand point.. This will be a huge opening for us...
          She normally doesn't do haunted houses, but ours she didn't want to miss!!!

Comment

I would say she still looks good for her age. She is still very marketable. Damn I didnt know she was 60? Really? Maybe those are real cobwebs! LOL! Just joking!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

FYI: Cassandras is only 56, not 60.

Tim Turner, Head Honcho
              www.ghoulishgallery.com

Comment

Lol

56,57,58,59,60 hell point is shes still HOT! Shane
                sigpic

Comment

Elvira....your kidding me right

Originally posted by The Ghoulish Gallery View Post
                  FYI: Cassandras is only 56, not 60.

Tim Turner, Head Honcho
                  www.ghoulishgallery.com
                  Damn Tim,
                  Now that I know that I will have to propose marriage.. shit out of it don't be one...

Comment

Marketable yes but..

not worth the price tag....
                    Most of the people going through your haunt are families...the young kids don't know who she is and most of thier parents won't care. Only the "die-hard" horror film fans will care and they are less than 10% of your audience. Tim email me personally at ihaunt@aol.com if you like..I'll fill ya in.
                    Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

I got the idea that the find the next Elvira competion was to find younger candidates that would be clones like Santa does to hit way more events. The one they picked was even hotter or at least cuter than Elvira was back in the day. But, can she sing and do the schtick?

It has been more than a year and no information? Is she in Elvira Boot Camp?
                      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Want to make a bet?

Originally posted by professornightmare View Post
                        not worth the price tag....
                        Most of the people going through your haunt are families...the young kids don't know who she is and most of thier parents won't care. Only the "die-hard" horror film fans will care and they are less than 10% of your audience. Tim email me personally at ihaunt@aol.com if you like..I'll fill ya in.
                        Professor,
                        How would you know who attends our attraction?
                        I will bet you that Elvira brings in 8 to 10 thousand people on our opening weekend?
                        Would you care to make an online bet?

Comment

She's still hot, but a changing portrait of her would be "jumping the shark".

Comment

Slain

I have no idea who attends your attraction..I was replying to Tim and referring to my 10+ years of dealing with celebrities. I hope she draws 50,000 people to your event and wish you an awesome season.
                            Her diehard fans (40+ year olds) will be happy to see her but today's crowd thinks that "Freddy" is "classic-horror." If you have 8-10 thousand people your first weekend...it will be because "you" did a great job and have a good product..not just to get an autograph..(unless she's giving out discount-gas coupons).
                            Hopefully she is just appearing for autograph money plus expenses because if you agree to a minumum or set price..you might just get a "fright"
                            Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

Fright

Originally posted by professornightmare View Post
                              I have no idea who attends your attraction..I was replying to Tim and referring to my 10+ years of dealing with celebrities. I hope she draws 50,000 people to your event and wish you an awesome season.
                              Her diehard fans (40+ year olds) will be happy to see her but today's crowd thinks that "Freddy" is "classic-horror." If you have 8-10 thousand people your first weekend...it will be because "you" did a great job and have a good product..not just to get an autograph..(unless she's giving out discount-gas coupons).
                              Hopefully she is just appearing for autograph money plus expenses because if you agree to a minumum or set price..you might just get a "fright"
                              You might be right but I too have dealt with celebrities for a while and never lost money.. Last year we had the likes of Robert Englund and had record crowds and we didn't feel we had gotten screwed. But thanks for the concern. Elvira's agent told me they have had more hits from her site in the last two months than they have ever had after she announced she was coming here. Rock On!! Right now I'm getting an average of about 1000 hits per month just from her site so we'll see......
                              Hope you season is also a good one...

Comment

Working...
                              X