Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come my reply feature doesn't have these features??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come my reply feature doesn't have these features??

Originally posted by Smiley View Post
    What the hell is this???? My reply feature looks nothing like this. I get no cool features like that. Why? Even if I hit advanced I get nothing. Here are screen shots of my reply feature. How booring, I would like too use the reply feature Smiley gets.

Oh and see where it says manage attachments in the 2nd photo? Yea, thats how I would have to upload a pic onto this site. No paperclip, no cool features.

Originally posted by HadesWorstNightmare
    I get the same setup as Smiley. I'm using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.0. Do you think that could be why? I don't know.
    I have Windows XP and use IE 7.0, I don't think thats the problem.

Comment

When I click on the "Reply with Quote" button, it automatically gives me the fancy screen with the paperclip. If I just click on "Reply," then I do have to click on the "Go Advanced" button underneath the Quick Reply message screen in order to get the fancy paperclip screen.

I have one more suggestion for you. While your Reply screen is showing, try typing Alt + x at the same time. That may bring up the fancy screen. It's the shortcut for bringing up the fancy screen on my computer. And I also have XP and IE 6. Hope it works!
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I believe it is an option in the control panel. I turned the new interface off because I didn't feel I needed everything but I know it can be turned back on.
        Mike Cirrincione
        Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
        MAC Productions presents:
        Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
        AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
        Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
        Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

I think I found it.

While logged in, on the left side of the yellow menu bar at the top of the page just underneath the title Hauntworld Fright Forum, click on User CP.

Then in the left column, under Settings and Options, click on Edit Options.

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page. In the last box Miscellaneous Options (Message Editor Interface), in the Drop-down Box, select Standard Editor -Extra formatting controls. Then click on Save Changes.

I think that will give you the fancy editing screen that Smiley and I have.

I hope it works!
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Oh hey! You're right! I always assumed it was my browser, and just had to type out whatever code was needed to get things done. BUT THAT WORKED!

THANK YOU
            - - Luke - -

Comment

Awesome I never knew this option exsisted....
              Good deal:-D
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip very helpful!!!

Chris @
                Scream Theme Studios
                Fort Collins CO.

Battleofthehauntedhouses.com
                Screamtheme.com

Comment

Originally posted by badlander2000 View Post
                  I believe it is an option in the control panel. I turned the new interface off because I didn't feel I needed everything but I know it can be turned back on.
                  I'm glad I could help, but it was actually Badlander's tip that helped me find it. (see quote above) Thanks, Badlander!
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Thanks everyone, it worked. Now I don't really have to use html code anymore. YEA!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X