Stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress

So I need to vent. My landlord wants to sell the property we are in. He says he wants to give us the first offer which is nice but my credit sucks and their is no way I could get a loan. I asked if he would hold off until Oct and he said thats not an option. WHAT THE HELL... Why wait until 60 days prior of our open date to tell us this after I just invested $10,000 of my OWN money to get ready for the 2008 season... Teaches me to not have a contract or anything in writing. He is suppose to let me know his price this afternoon. I know the house itself is worthless and would need to be torn down if anyone wanted to use it for anything other than a haunt so basically its just the land value, and even that shouldn't be too high since its in the ghetto of Green Bay. I can only keep my fingers crossed that its a price I can come up with.

Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Negotiating tactic to get higher rent?

I don't know about your local real estate market, but he probably couldn't have picked a worst time to sell it - or a worst time to try to sell it. Try to find his motivation. Maybe he wants more money every month, really needs a big chunk of cash, or just wants you out in hopes of finding a more "normal" tenant.

If worst comes to worst, your best bet is to try to delay the closing until November. That's assuming he is able to get an offer in the next three months, and I wouldn't bet on it unless it's a dirt cheap price. If so, maybe you know someone who would buy it as an investment and continue renting to you.

Comment

Sean!

That sucks a big one my friend. Keep us posted on what ole luney land lord wants from you! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

Don't stress. Shawn is right. A lot of times someone might sell to someone else who in-turn is looking at it as an investment, and therefore willing to rent to you once the ownership changes hands. I'd assume to stay where you're at for 2008, but start looking for something now for the future seasons.

This happened to us when we were inside the Old Welch Baby Carriage Factory. David Welch sold to some investors who DID NOT want to rent to a haunted house BUT who were more than happy to let us rent from them until they were ready to begin renovations. We ended up getting to stay in there for 4 more haunt seasons, and by that time we already bought the smaller building next door. It ended up working out. Hopefully things will work out for you too. (Prayer helps.)

I will tell you this, Larry kicked himself for not buying the Old Welch Factory when he had the chance though, so way your options carefully. Now is a buyer's market. Maybe you could get a cosigner or a new business partner.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck.
        Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
        www.HauntWorld.com
        www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
        www.FindHauntedHouses.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
        It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

Once you own a property it begins talking to you.
          'fix my roof!"
          Repair that leaky pipe."
          Pay my real estate property taxes!"
          "Come on over any night after October Vandals and have your fun!"
          Cut my lawn, trim my vines, paint my trim (before it rots!)
          Consider the amount of money that you will be buying a property for and do not take the realator's word for how much your taxes will be, go to the courthouse and find out what they will be unless it makes no difference to your wallet whether you pay $500 a year or $5,000 a year.
          The current owner might have bought it a long time ago and the taxes have not been raised but you will be paying taxes on the amount you pay.
          Be sure and know what size of an on-going anchor will be placed around your neck before the final fitting of that anchor.
          Now learn to swim, or hold your breath!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Theres always the land contract option as well..... all is not lost!
            Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I was going to suggest that too. With the sellers market we had for a while there you didn't hear much about seller financing. And why would you? Most sellers weren't interested in carrying paper when people were lined up to give them cash.

But things have changed, and I think we might be seeing more of this.

Comment

Sean

Have ever thought of just shooting the guy in the leg, after one shot he's bound to see things your way><

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedhousenut View Post
                  Have ever thought of just shooting the guy in the leg, after one shot he's bound to see things your way><
                  Sure, Nut, get him get kicked out immediately.

Don't listen to him. I doubt the guy will be able to sell with the housing market the way it is now. Things will work out for you. Just have faith.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Just have a conversation with any long term real estate agent in your area. Even in GOOD times it takes 6 months to a year for things to sell. Unless of course he is tanking anyhow because his mortgage just doubled? Even so, foreclosure proceedings take some time and as long as you are paying rent he is at least looking like he is making an effort.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Do you know if he's about to have to go through foreclosure? Is that why he's selling? Or is it just the jerk factor?
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Fearseeker

I don't how new you are to the internet, before you assume something, please check out the facts, and find out what this means ><

Comment

Sorry, Nut!

Originally posted by hauntedhousenut View Post
                          I don't how new you are to the internet, before you assume something, please check out the facts, and find out what this means ><
                          You are absolutely correct, Nut! I have no idea what that symbol means. I have tried looking it up on the internet. First I tried searching for just the symbol, and then I searched at all of these sites that have chat room slang, but none of them could tell me what it meant, so I guess you or some other kind soul on this site will have to do so. If you can't tell me publicly, then you will have to send me a private message. However, I'm guessing that if I don't know, then chances are others here don't know, so if it's something that can be said somehow discreetly on the board, I think somebody should tell us all. Thanks, and I apologize for my ignorance. Please inform me.
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Sean, the original reason we left that place was the city was to purchase the house and raze it. This was part of the "On Broadway" development plan but that never happened. Thus is sat vacant until you took it over. I do believe that they were going to try and remodel it at one point but that plan fell through when the Ameri-Indians started having money problems.
                            Last edited by Mr. Malice; 07-27-2008, 07:31 PM.
                            If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

Sean

Whats the latest my friend? Shane
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X