No announcement yet.

What's YOUR biggest fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't read all of the posts here yet, but you won't ever catch me on one of those reality TV shows.

My biggest fear is bizarre. I worry when people are staring at me that I have something on me, like something in my teeth or something I need to go wash off my face. When somebody rubs their nose, I feel like I have to rub mine too, just in case. And I always worry that my ears aren't clean enough and that somebody will see something in them because I can't see what's in there. I know, I'm strange, but I have to check the mirror a lot just to be sure, at least for the parts that I can see, and it's not a vanity thing.

Comment

• Biggest Fear? Being stuck on the same frame playing Angry Birds, which is what I'm living through right now

DA

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Biggest Fear? Being stuck on the same frame playing Angry Birds, which is what I'm living through right now

DA
        been there, I gave up on two screens and went to youtube, put in the number and it's there. Turns out I had the right plan but it just had to be perfect, probably the same for you, I quit that one a while back too much of a time suck but I loved it.

Comment

• Youtube? Are there cheats on there?

Yeah, it's a time suck alright, especially when you suck at it lol

Comment

• Having my teeth knocked out.

Comment

• at this moment by biggest fear is getting screamed at for posting the wrong thing on these forums. seems thats all that happens here now. hopefully this is just a passing thing but im new so it doesnt look hopeful.

Comment

• Hey FreakShow,

I sincerely hope that you don't get the wrong impression. I agree that there has been too much fighting going on here, and I think most others would agree. However, I think it is unusual, so hang in there and I think you will see the situation improve.

For a break from it all, you may always check out the Inflatable Turd thread, which is just full of funny ideas and videos. But there's also lots of information to be gained here if you look for threads you are interested in. All the best!

Dungeonmaster
                According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreakShow View Post
                  at this moment by biggest fear is getting screamed at for posting the wrong thing on these forums. seems thats all that happens here now. hopefully this is just a passing thing but im new so it doesnt look hopeful.
                  I have been on the forum for years and this is the first time there has been fighting. I want to say its the economy , I mean we blame a lot of crap on the economy already why not this too. So I understand your fear and where its coming from but don't let it get you down. Make a post any time you have a question on what to do or ask any random question you might have about a haunt. Even if you loose your keys we might be able to help.. ok.. we might not be able to help you with your keys...
                  ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
                  ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
                  ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
                  ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

• In response to the fighting comment,

In an open forum with many different people with differing opinions, lifestyles, beliefs, etc...there will always be heads that will butt here and there. The recent "fighting" is not the first bout of it and I'm sure it won't be the last....its the internet and that is pretty rampant...actually much tamer here than on some other forums I have belonged to in the past. Stay out of any of the "political" subjects and you'll be fine. The people that want in those kinds of arguments will usually bring themselves to them.

Responding to the thread topic:

Worst fears are heights and death in general (either my own or those I care about). Other than that...not a lot that gives me the weak knees feeling.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

• thanks all of you, and now i know where to come when i loose my keys. haha

i also agree about the death thing, not so much about my own but about my loved ones and even pets.

Comment

• Originally posted by brad View Post
                        I've got 2 fears.

My first is spiders. I was about 9 yrs. old when Arachnaphobia cam out in theatres and I've never been the same since.

My other is any body of water that I cannot see the bottom. Swimming pools- no problem. It's any lake or ocean or whatever. I cannot be the first person to jump in, but after 1 or 2 people jump in, Im ok.

Like someone posted ealier, it's just that there might be something waiting for me- looking up at me but I cant see it.
                        Let's please not forget your strange aversion, brad...
                        sigpic
                        Catie Mahfouz
                        Blood Ink Writing Service
                        www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

• now you have to spill the meaning behind that.

Comment

• Leaving that to him... I got my zinger in. I bet he even made a bad face!
                            sigpic
                            Catie Mahfouz
                            Blood Ink Writing Service
                            www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

• Fear Experiment

Okay take this hack of a fear experiment.

To set up, I have no idea the validity but I've read that acrophobia [heights] is an innate fear. Simply that we all have it for our own safety, programmed into the DNA and that some people simply have it more pronounced than others. I have a moderate fear of heights - I've rappelled down an eight story building and done some cave pit rappelling. However, I still get some normal anxiety looking down from great heights. I want to see if you experience this phenomenon that I just discovered about myself and can't find any data about online. When I watch these two videos I experience two very distinct physical sensations.

First, and most pronounced - I get a very acute sensation in the soles of my feet, sort of like an unpainful burning or a warm "buzzing" sensation. Before watching these videos I had never noticed this in my life.

Secondly, and less significant - I get the same though less intense feeling in the palms of my hands and a noticeable almost instant palm sweating.

Take a look and let me know if you experience this. I considered not mentioning the sensations as the power of suggestion may play in, but thought it would seem less weird than it already does without the info. So here they are, I am certain these are real videos and in no way faked.

BTW---- no one falls in these videos, the first title must be for attention grabbing.

Comment

• WHOA! That guy in the red shirt must be insane that's incredible!!! Even the trees look tiny that far up...

Comment

Working...
                                X