What's YOUR biggest fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin locusts,

i tried it and i got chills all over with a tingling sensation in both my feet and hands. during the second video, my heart started racing almost like a panic attack. wonder if it had anything to do with the guy who said his heart was pounding in that video?

freak

Comment

• Bills & Taxes

Bills & Taxes , the truth:-?
      sigpic
      Boomtownscare.com
      Boomtownhouseofterror.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Twin Locusts View Post
        Okay take this hack of a fear experiment.

To set up, I have no idea the validity but I've read that acrophobia [heights] is an innate fear. Simply that we all have it for our own safety, programmed into the DNA and that some people simply have it more pronounced than others. I have a moderate fear of heights - I've rappelled down an eight story building and done some cave pit rappelling. However, I still get some normal anxiety looking down from great heights. I want to see if you experience this phenomenon that I just discovered about myself and can't find any data about online. When I watch these two videos I experience two very distinct physical sensations.

First, and most pronounced - I get a very acute sensation in the soles of my feet, sort of like an unpainful burning or a warm "buzzing" sensation. Before watching these videos I had never noticed this in my life.

Secondly, and less significant - I get the same though less intense feeling in the palms of my hands and a noticeable almost instant palm sweating.

Take a look and let me know if you experience this. I considered not mentioning the sensations as the power of suggestion may play in, but thought it would seem less weird than it already does without the info. So here they are, I am certain these are real videos and in no way faked.

BTW---- no one falls in these videos, the first title must be for attention grabbing.

I experienced something very similar to you, and I didn't think I had a fear of heights. I also noticed myself gripping the mouse tightly so I let it go and watched again. Very interesting.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, I couldn't finish watching the first video, even though you said no one was going to fall... and the second one didn't bother me at all for some reason...weird?

And biggest fear? Drowning. Hand's down. (I'm a full time lifeguard...is that okay?)

Things that creep me out the most in a haunt? Cockroach rooms. With cockroaches on a white wall in a pattern kind of like they're crawling all over with a strobe light going, can't do it. Which is weird seeing as how I love critters and play with snakes all the time amongst other things, but that's the one room that if a haunt has I just freak out, it's worse when there's no actors in there too. Let the jokes begin...Lol.

Comment

• TL and Bobby,

I watched both videos and felt very stressed in general. It seemed to be in my entire body, nowhere specific, but both videos bothered me.

And Bobby, you asked, so I'll say that I do think it's a tiny bit strange that you're a full-time lifeguard but your biggest fear is drowning. I'm glad you're able to get past it enough to save people. At least it seems like a good way to overcome your fear.
            According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

• Im not scared of heights really. But that video with the kid in the red shirt and just reading before hand that he falls really gave me an uneasy feeling. Dang that sucked!
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

• Ahahaha!! Yeah, I know. It's not swimming and fearing drowning, it's the thought of getting trapped snorkeling in a cave, or being murdered by drowning. I have no problem going out with nothing but a rescue tube to save someone in 15ft water. That's exciting! Lol. But I appreciate the honesty!

Comment

• Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                  Im not scared of heights really. But that video with the kid in the red shirt and just reading before hand that he falls really gave me an uneasy feeling. Dang that sucked!
                  Damon
                  Not sure if you mean the idea of him falling gave you an uneasy feeling - but, he didn't fall.

By Henri Paget, ninemsnVIEWS: 0| FLOCKS: 0| 0 comments so far
                  Sergeij balances on the steel beam.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 18, 2011
                  A pair of Russian thrill-seekers have tested fate by climbing a 250m-high radio tower and balancing on narrow steel beams.

Video posted online shows the young man and woman climbing along the small platforms in a village near Moscow as their friends cheer them on.

After they both tentatively scoot to the edge the man stands up straight and puts his hands on his waist, with the camera panning down to reveal the massive drop to the forest below.

While some viewers have applauded the pair’s daring act, many have called it “stupid” and slammed them for putting their lives in danger.

“What if a huge wind or gust came and took that guy in the red shirt out?” one viewer commented.

Vaiva Morkushova, 19, told ninemsn she was with the group when they climbed to the top of the tower in the small village of Konstantinovo, about 30km outside of Moscow.

“We are friends from the same hood and spend our days together, we've been a friends for a very long time,” she said.

Her brother filmed the video while she stood alongside and watched.

“Well I was so afraid other guys also were afraid, but only Anita and Sergeij were so brave they decided to do this crazy thing,” she said.

The radio tower is off-limits to the public but she says her friends have so far managed to stay out of trouble.

“At this time no one have any problems, maybe no one of our area saw that video yet,” she said.

Comment

• Ya I know he didnt. It was just thinking he might and I just clicked on the video and read the title to it. Still it messes with you.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

• Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                      Ya I know he didnt. It was just thinking he might and I just clicked on the video and read the title to it. Still it messes with you.
                      Damon
                      when I scroll this page now I get the same feeling in my feet just from the still image. I'm searching a lot for corroborating accounts but can't find any, I'd like to find another example of video as well to see if it produces the same effect.

Comment

• TL,

I'm wondering if these videos have anywhere near the same effect, or does the fact that there is some support involved negate the sensations? It still bothers me.

According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

• DM, yeah, these two don't really create the response. It may be camera point of view, don't know. I'm thinking it's involuntary, I don't think 'knowing' they're tethered is the issue - it could be a factor I just don't know.

The Russian one is the worst so maybe seeing them without a tether is an issue, beyond my awareness. The Russian one is actually hard to watch and no eaiser with number of views, maybe harder to watch.

Comment

• TL,

I've still been looking and I found a whole series of videos about ironworkers who walk around on steel beams way up in the sky while building tall buildings, etc. I do think you're correct that camera angle plays a big part in this, and those idiot Russian kids were really scary but this is still scary for me even though they are grown men being very careful. I'm putting up a short sample, but there are lots of others to look at out there.

Comment

• Yeah, that one's hard to watch. I've always hear this myth or legend of Native Americans that found steel work when skyscrapers hit during the indst. rev. because they could walk the beams with no trouble or need for harness. insane.

Comment

• I had not heard about that myth, but I did watch several videos of these steel walkers and they all were hard for me to watch. Some were not harnessed. Seems very dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                                X