No announcement yet.

What's YOUR biggest fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest fear lately is spending thousands of dollars, working my rear off building, painted and creating and then no one shows for opening night of my haunt!!!! I hope this is a bad dream!!! LOL!
    http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

• Originally posted by terrormasue View Post
      My biggest fear lately is spending thousands of dollars, working my rear off building, painted and creating and then no one shows for opening night of my haunt!!!! I hope this is a bad dream!!! LOL!
      They'll show up, take a couple of benedryl and you'll sleep right through the part where they don't.

Comment

• High towers

A local guy worked on very high towers in the military. He got out and was looking for this kind of work..sorry, no work..then they called him back after a few days, "Come and work for us."
        "You told me there was no openings."
        "There weren't a few days ago, until one guy fell."
        One small mistake, one loss of concentration,a distraction and it's all over.
        I sure hope they pay REAL GOOD! Money, no frequent flyer miles though.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• I would like to know who filmed that video. Is it on a helmet or is he holding a camera? Ive been known to run into things, trip, or almost drop the camera filming. Mainly because you are worried about what is getting taped.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

• It looks to me like that has to be a helmet cam, and the guy could be wearing a harness and therefore not be as afraid as I would be. But I certainly do hope they are paid well and have excellent benefits, especially if they aren't harnessed.
            According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

• Heights.

Although I'm not afraid to fly and love roller coasters (and I'm 6'5" lol) -

ladders, the roof, etc. - eek.

Comment

• This may sound strange but large dark rooms freak me out, usually for most people its cramped areas but really the open cluttered rooms do it for me
                Matthew Colton
                Frightworld America's Screampark
                http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by The Forsaken Crypt View Post
                  This may sound strange but large dark rooms freak me out, usually for most people its cramped areas but really the open cluttered rooms do it for me

I agree and if there are large boxes in the clutter I worry that something will jump out at me from those too.

Comment

• out of all the heights videos, the one with the guy walking with the camera down effected me the most. i'm afraid of heights in super specific situations, and i get somewhere between butterflies and a fever/chills kind of feeling in the shoulder area. and my knees lock up when i have to stand at the top of ladders. it's just ladders that does that, though. it makes no sense, actually. i can stand at the edge of a building [ex: i was totally fine at the highest part you're allowed on at the empire state building] and repel down stuff, but being like 15 feet up scares the crap out of me.

Comment

• I'm watching some guys build a house and they are walking on the high narrow boards like the steel walkers do with no harness, etc. I want to ask them if they've ever fallen because even though it's not nearly the distance we saw in the videos, the only thing below them is cement foundation. Does anyone know how to ask in Spanish if they have ever fallen? Thanks for your help!
                      According to everybody else, I'm the master of this domain: While trying to shorten Dungeonmaster, something went horribly wrong.

Comment

• Have you ever fallen: ¿Alguna vez has caído?

Comment

• I saw it happen!

The 1898 Opera House, Savanna, Illinois.
                          It's new owner had his crew remodeling the great-room upstairs, his "Main Man" was walking across a 2 by 4 about 22 feet above the floor, he is about 6ft 2, muscular, maybe 220 pounds.
                          The 2 by 4 might have been an old dimension/cut one which was actually "2" by"4" inches.
                          "Snap!"
                          He grabbed mid-air first, then some part of something and was dangling there waiting to fall the rest of the way!
                          He was rescued, never took that trip.
                          The 2 by 4 had a knot occuppying 1/3 of the piece of wood's thickness, severely weakening it's ability to hold him.
                          Knots can hide on the other side of the board... until.....I would have Never walked across it myself illreguardless.
                          I have done some "Hairy" ladderwork in my life though.
                          The opera house was the scene of a murder about 1903. It's owner's Wife was possibly messing with an office tenet, a lawyer, the owner killed him, then a few days later killed himself.
                          The murderer was a druggist on the first floor, excused himself to a waiting customer, went out and up the back of the building, murdererd him, came back down, handed the woman her prescription= alibi?
                          He had built this huge building just for his wife who fancied herself a "Singer". The upstairs was closed off for many years.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Of course at the moment they turn their head to try to understand you attempting spanish, that's when they fall.
                            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

• My worst fear is/was.... you have 30 days from today to get everything out because I have other plans for the building....

Well, my fear came true 1 & 1/2 weeks ago.
                              Tom
                              Creator of the Dungeon
                              WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                My worst fear is/was.... you have 30 days from today to get everything out because I have other plans for the building....

Well, my fear came true 1 & 1/2 weeks ago.

So sorry to hear that, Tom. Hopefully something can be done in time to salvage this coming halloween haunting season. All the best!

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                                Of course at the moment they turn their head to try to understand you attempting spanish, that's when they fall.

No worries, Greg. I got the response so late that no workers were harmed because of my stupidity. :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                                X