What's YOUR biggest fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's YOUR biggest fear?

Seriously, now that you are all putting together your wonderful haunts for the halloween season, do you ever stop to ask yourself what scares YOU the most and then incorporate that into your haunt? I'm terrified of some things, one in particular comes to mind immediately, but I'll wait to hear from some of you before I share.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

One of my biggest fears is public speaking. I think it would be awesome if in some haunt, you managed to find yourself alone on a stage being introduced to even a small audience and expected to perform somehow, sort of like improv. "And next to entertain you tonight is..." That would be so scary for me.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Rain in October, especially last weekend of October!

Allan

Comment

My biggest fear, now don't laugh... is to be murdered violently by a maniac. Specifically by stabbing or cutting of some sort. Personally, I blame the faces of death scene where the mental patient stabs the nurse with a screwdriver, right in the neck. I think that's why i use the "insane" acting style. You know the type, mumbling, drooling, screaming, crazy eyes. And i love to design asymlun rooms. i never really tought about it before. Good questions to get the brain curves rolling!
        Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Fire marshall

Comment

Gas prices

Gas prices and the Red Sox making the playoffs!! If they do...my business goes down about 32-36% in Boston!!! I always pray for a massive case of spontaneous combustion!!!
            Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

1. PUBLIC SPEAKING
              2. GIANT SPIDERS Like the drug store set in "THE MIST".
              That would make a great set to have a BODY all webbed up and start flailing like one of my bodybag props.
              And then have GIANT SPIDERS crawl, leap and drop down. SUPER CREEPY!
              sigpic
              PEACE, ADAM
              www.poisonprops.com

Comment

As a kid, it was clowns for sure.

As an adult, I would say...drowning. I'm an excellent swimmer, so I have not fear of it regularly, but if for some freak reason I was caught underwater, it just seems like it would be a HORRID death.
                Did you know...The HauntWorld Online Haunt Directory networks with ALL of these websites to bring you the BEST possible results for increasing your haunt business:
                www.HauntWorld.com
                www.HauntedHouseOnline.com
                www.FindHauntedHouses.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com
                It's the most comprehensive online ad campaign you can buy! I'd love to earn your advertising business. Email me today at blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net.

Comment

That someone on a haunt forum would ask me what my biggest fear is.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Kicking the bucket before I'm finished....finished doing whatever I haven't yet finished.
                    sigpic
                    Louis Brown
                    Owner, operator, and dish washer
                    at
                    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Spiders use to give me such a fear trip. But not so much nowadays. Perhaps it's due to the ending expression I always had when I saw one, "Great, now I have to go find something to kill it with." Multiply that over the course of several years and fear quickly turned into annoyance.

Then there's hanging bodies. Can't really peg exactly what scares me about them. Maybe it's the twirlin'-in-the-breeze thing they do. The moving dead. Nightmares about them doesn't help much. Because evertime I see them, they're looking at me; with those bulging eyes and accusing stare. Also, whenever I get close, it turns out they're not quite "dead" and not happy to see me.

But I suppose my biggest fear is extreme water depth. I swear, when I can't see the bottom to bodies of water I think to myself, "Something's down there, something big, really big, watching, wanting to drag me under, and I won't see it coming."

Or perhaps I'm just afraid of giant squid.
                      Last edited by Smiley; 07-26-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

My biggest fear is posting on this board and the backlash and drama it will get
                        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Thanks for your responses!

I'm very impressed by your responses. I hadn't thought of so many of these.

Killer Katie, I promise not to laugh. All responses are welcome. We all have different types of fears, and I believe that yours is shared by many.

I also saw that many of you have come up with fears than can and already are being incorporated into haunts. Please continue to tell us your fears.

I think I was most inspired by Lurker's fear:

Originally posted by lurker View Post
                          Kicking the bucket before I'm finished....finished doing whatever I haven't yet finished.
                          Wouldn't it be cool for a haunt to get a patron's name and a little info about the patron up front and then while they were going through the haunt have them walk into their own funeral? How horrifying would that be?

I've got many fears, but the one that came to mind first is scorpions. I'm sure it couldn't be done but I think it would be amazing to have patrons walk into a pitch dark room and close the door behind them. Then turn on dim lights to reveal live scorpions (that had been "fixed" so they couldn't sting or bite) crawling all over the place. That would be my ultimate fright!

Please keep sharing your fears, and thanks to those of you who already have!
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Oh, I almost missed these.

I hadn't seen Smiley's and Tater's responses when I was composing my earlier response so I wanted to respond to theirs.

I still have Smiley's ex-spider phobia (I still have an unreasonable fear of spiders but only since I've moved into a new place that warranted the pest control guy telling me he had never seen so many).

And Tater nailed it for me:

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            My biggest fear is posting on this board and the backlash and drama it will get
                            I've had that fear from day 1 of being accepted as a member here.

I'm glad I'm able to participate now. Thanks, Larry!

I have lots of fears. What are yours?
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Oh, and dolls. Yeah, those old timey porcelain dolls. Jeez those eyes and static faces really creep me out.

Comment

Working...
                              X