No announcement yet.

What's YOUR biggest fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

falling or movement outside of my control. At Indiana Beach they have a little balcony overlooking a skeleton rock band, as you walk out onto it it tilts forward, scared the crap out of me the first time through.

Confined spaces also get me.

Comment

The tipping balcony was a feature in a haunt in the Wis. Dells for a million years.
      When I was a kid snakes worried me greatly because they had no arms or legs.
      I just "knew" that one of them would try to magically steal my limbs from me!
      (But I NEED them!")
      My parent's place has a creek running through it, numerous snakey guys there.
      Spiders are fascinating, just think of the mini-brain that has all of that co-ordination to handle 8 legs!
      The dark. Well what can you say? We all came from it and live in it half our lives and will be returning to it for eternity. So what's to be afraid of there?
      The dark is the THE most common and natural state of everything.
      Public speaking? I used to have a Jerry MaHoney ventriloquist doll and put on little shows for 20 little old women as the entertainment at their "Little old Lady" club meetings ad-libbing my way around two or three jokes I had read in a joke book.
      I never cared for the thought of sharing a crawl space (while working on wiring or piping) with a critter but small spaces were usually where I hid from others and would emerge victorious during neighborhood army games, so crawlspaces were "friendly" and rewarding to me.
      Most scary things to me in my adult years I take the time and energy to mostly just avoid. Injury, sickness, death, painfull slow death, we all should be consciously helping ourselves to avoid these pitfalls and that's all we can do.
      I keep no piranhas in my bath tub, I don't wash my face with gasoline, I don't reach under a running lawn mower to pull out clumps of grass.
      I don't smoke, drink, weigh 500 pounds or run in Marathons and drugs I have never done remain on my list of things to never do.
      We must learn from the mistakes of others because our own bodies can't repair themselves fast enough to make all the mistakes possible to make and survive.
      When all becomes darkness we will all look the same, some might smell differently, just like always.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My Biggest Fear

Is being at TransWorld and not being able to get to the restroom in time and shitting all over myself! ROTFLMAO!! My second biggest Fear is carving a pumkin and having Larry step on it and bust it! Shane and its I am wearing Depends Shane this time!
        sigpic

Comment

"being taken prisoner in another country?"
          Would being kidnapped by a UFO full of extremely sexy humanoid-looking voluptious females be the same fear? Or any measurable fear from such an incident at all?
          I'll see all you guys down at the edge of the woods, you know where, right next to the crop-circle!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

But..

We all practice "Dying Alone" everytime we close our eyes and fall into a dreamless sleep.
            "Practice, practice!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My biggest fear? Well, considering I am affectionately known as the Morgue ChickenSh*t, quite a few things. The three biggest though would have to be really big spiders (like the one living by my front door currently *shudder*), natural bodies of water (lakes, ponds, etc) and the body bag hall here at the morgue. The rest of the house, I can deal with pretty well these days, though the nickname sticks. But those things get me every time, and I will go out of my way to avoid them, no matter what.

Comment

Basic Fears

Two of the most common basic fears are:

1) "What is under the water?"

2) "What is under the ground?"
                Both places we don't normally live, impossible to live and impossible to see very far to avoid the Nazi-zombies coming out of the submarine.

"What is under your dress?"...well, that's an age-old riddle, or a rage-old diddle?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

My biggest fear...having my daughters grow up to be just like their mother. (I am their mother...and am well aware of my flaws.)
                  Last edited by Chaos; 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM.
                  Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

The feeing of not acomplishing something I set as a goal for myself. That and spiders. I HATE spiders...
                    Sean De Wane
                    ----------------------------------------------
                    The De Wane Asylum
                    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

This is awful

Meeting the girl of my dreams! Then finding out shes into "Scat" sex! This would be a huge let down. Also I have a fear of going to someones house and taking a dump and the toilet over flowing. Wait what if this happened at the house of the girl of my dreams? OMG this could get bad. Shane and its not shitty Shane this time.
                      sigpic

Comment

There are a lot of fears here that we use in the business--even the water fears are addressed by several haunts. My daughter, who acts at the same haunt I'm at suggested another useable fear--centipedes.

It's the more esoteric fears that are harder to realise.

In the first chapter of Niven/Pournelles updated version of 'Inferno' there is a sequence that terrifies me. The main character is trapped in a 'djinn bottle'. He can 'see' the walls of the bottle--which fill his vision with a uniform featureless bronze color, he is aware,appears to have use of all five senses, but he cannot see himself.

Which reminds me of my fear that after death there is nothing but consciousness. Black all around, awareness of self, apparent bodily integrity, but nothing else.

Hopefully, madness would eventually populate such a void.

Oddly, I thought of a way to achieve this in a haunt setting

A completely dark silent room with a thickly cushioned floor about six inches below the heavily padded doorframe.

The customer walks in, drops, and is faced with featureless darkness. The fall will disorient enough that the customer will have a real problem finding an exit(not a good thing in a haunt).

Impractical, but it would get me.

Comment

Personally, I get freaked out by fast-moving creatures and humanoids. The lumbering Jasons and shuffling zombies never impacted me nearly as much as something that comes bolting out of the darkness.

As for impractical fears, I wish there was a way to create the kind of massive and isolated creepiness like you see in movies such as The Shinning or Session 9 ... massive and giant chambers where the group is the only one inside, with no sign or anyone else. It's not really possible to create that kind of vibe unless you had a truly epic-sized building, and your throughput was insanely low.
                          Scott Simmons
                          The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
                          http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

My biggest fear! My Mother in law wanted to move in with us!
                            Whaaaaa...
                            Ghoul Town

Comment

How about the fear of being lost......such as I don't like being in a dark maze with dead ends or lost on the streets of a big city, I don't like being lost no matter the circumstance.

Comment

Sorry, but I can't resist, and it's partly because of the name "hauntboys." But when you're lost on the streets of a big city, did you ever consider stopping to ask for directions? I'm soooooo kidding, man!

I'll think about my BIGGEST fear and get back to you.
                                Chris Riehl
                                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                                (586)209-6935
                                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                                X