Sparkies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparkies?

Does anyone know how to build or make gloves that you clap together and they make sparks. Because i was watching these amazing street performers and they were clapping this cool tune, and when they clapped a certain way sparks flew from the gloves. So i was thinking plain metal tipped gloves..or waht? I thought this would be cool to put in my haunt.

Any advice on how to make or where to buy these kind of gloves would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Zackary J

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...t=spark+gloves

there's a whole thread about them in the link above, hope it helps!
    Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Well i got a link for gloves that spark when you scrape the floor, but i was looking for gloves that spark when you clap your hands a certain way. Because i dont need them for sliders. Like would sheet metal on one palm and some flint or something on the other work?
      Please, links and suggestions are appreciated.

-Zackary J

Comment

Oh, my bad. I don't think sheet metal would work for your intended purpose. Sheet metal is too smooth, there has to be some friction to produce the spark. But - have you considered using a welding striker? They are very cheap ($3.00 for a triple flint striker) and would be simple to disassemble and attach to a pair of gloves. Flint on one hand, striker on the other. Don't know if it would produce the quantity of sparks you're looking for though.
        Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Hmmm ok il look into that.

Thanks very much!

-Zackary J

Comment

Working...
          X