Im in deep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im in deep.

So heres what happened. Today i made a rather large deposit on the land we are going to use for this years season when our investors decided to pull out. I also spent a lot of money on costumes and props, money that i dont HAVE! Now the credit card companies are calling for their money and the investors arent going to back me for the money.

I think this is a horrible jackass thing to do because they didnt give me any warning at all so now im on the verge of declaring bankruptcy!

And i cant take this to claims court because i dont have any money to afford a lawyer or anything like that, nor do i have the time!

Im just writing this to vent, if any of you know any good solutions please post.
    Rough estimate of money spent 50,000. And thats a LOT...i mean i dont have that kind of money to throw around.
    I currently have 30 dollars in the bank...im in deep....sorry dont mean to burden anybody with MY problems now i can think better though now that all my problems are written down.

You know what, sorry didnt mean to dump this on you guys.

Could someone tell me how to delete this thread?
    Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 07-29-2008, 09:02 PM.

Ohh, jeez!! That's horrible news!!! Well, ask someone else, maybe the admin owner or the moderator can delete your post.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Iv asked the land lord, he said its a no go....or atleast i think he said "no go" he has a rather thick accent.

But yeah...given the circumstances..its a very high likelyhood that i wont being doing the haunt this year.

Ah well...im not going to just sit around the side lines and mope, hahaha any haunts in the San Diego area need an actor for their haunt?

Roles im known to play

Michael Myers

Nak the Klown

Obe The Butcher

Dr. Jeck the evil scientist

Null The Zombie

Yeah...i know....i give all my characters names...but i like them hahaha.
      Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 07-29-2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

This is a longshot but.... do you happen to have credit protection on your credit card? I'm asking because credit protection will step up and pay your credit payments when you are unemployed. If your investors backed out leaving you with no feasible means to open the haunt then you are most definitely unemployed, and not by choice. I know it's a stretch, but it would be worth it to ask.
        Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Thats why my brother suggested, they said no i dont have credit protection sadly..

Comment

Well that just bites! Unfortunately, bankruptcy laws changed a couple of years ago and unsecured credit card debt can no longer be written off in bankruptcy settlements.

Have you looked into lawyers that work pro bono or would be willing to take your case and accept payment afterwards? Basically one of those "if you don't win, we don't get paid" arrangements.
            Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Yeah, you know. What with all these lawyers on TV you would think they would be easy to find, but there is almost always a catch. Usually a financiel catch.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Zack.

If you already paid for the land, and invested in the props maybe you could rent a tent or something to do the haunt this year. That way you will bring in some income to pay off those credit cards and what not. I went through a rough time with money once and had huge credit card debt. They can threaten you all they want but you cant pull the cash out of your Azz right! I went almost 1.5 years of not paying before I was finnaly able to pay them off. Screws with your credit rating but not much you can do about it. Try not to stress over the situation though. It only makes things worse for youself. Just keep reminding yourself that in the END everything works out.

Sean
                One of these days when I become rich im going to set aside a few million to be able to invest in haunts such as yourself so no one has to go through this stress... If only that was now...
                Sean De Wane
                ----------------------------------------------
                The De Wane Asylum
                www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I'm definitely not a lawyer or an expert, but isn't there some kind of "buyer's remorse time period," like a 3-day period in which you can back out of a deal because you changed your mind and therefore can get back your deposit on the property? Maybe it's different for every state. But if so, I think you should demand your deposit money back, and return the costumes and props (surely you have receipts). Do what it takes, but do it NOW because if you have this in your state, your time period for getting that money back is running out.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Giggles:

I am a Realtor in PA. Did you use a Realtor to lease/purchase? We do not have any period of time to back out unless the contract was not fully executed by both parties. If there was one change that was not initialed, then you have an out to get your deposit back. Did you by chance do a mortgage continency or any inspection period in your contract? Also, what about settlement dates?

I would be more than happy to try to help you on the land deal but would need to see your contract. Not a lawyer either but could help maybe with an out of the sales agreement. Heather

Comment

Working...
                    X