Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wall Panel Help?

Hi,
    I just started throwing some ideas together for my home haunt this year and decided I finally want strudy plywood panels for all my walls. Its going to take about 40 4x8 panels to fill my garage and part of driveway.

I went to a few Lowes and Home Depots yesterday getting prices on OSB board and 2x4's...

The total costs estimate came to $578....that is not including the many gallons of black paint and new props I'm going to need for this year.

Does anyone know where I could find OSB board for less than 5 bucks a sheet? I could spend $578 but really dont want to ....... Im only 16.

www.deadenddungeon.com

Thanks,
    Drew
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

I don't remember from reading in your other posts where you are. But look in you local papers where I am we have a paper called the penny power and the buck saver and I see guys selling building supplies in there for cheap. You could also post a wanted add on cregslist.............GOOD LUCK
    Jim Young
    "The Boogie Man"

Comment

sounds like soem of the panels will be outside, yes?

If so OSB and rain do not mix well, you want to go plywood, or it will fall apart on you.
      www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Yes a small part will be outdoors, but for only 2 days and I will have a large tent covering it.
        I was planning on sealing them with weather proofer too
        Drew and Shane
        www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

OSB really sucks up the paint, so be prepared to spend more on paint than you would with plywood.

How about drywall? Worse than OSB when it comes to weather and not as sturdy, but it may let you get by on the cheap for a year or two.

Another option wuld be scrap lumber from building and demolition sites. Pieces of plywood, 1X4s and other scraps could be pieced together into the same 4X8 panels and would keep them from all looking the same. If done right, they would look like the siding on a house.

Comment

Working...
          X