Overhead Crane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead Crane

The warehouse I am using has the rails for an overhead crane and the trolly that connected to the crane still in place. Ther is no motor, no hoist remaining, no crosss bar between the trollies on the different rails. Whats left is 2 trollies on each rail that will roll very easily when pushed or pulled.

Unfortunately there is a control room half way up one side, because my first thought was to connect wire to the trolly on each rail and some sort of harness in the middle. The wires would be decorated like giant flowing black wings with the actor dressed up as a demon in the middle. The actor would let the guest get to the far end of the room then with a running start get the trollies moving down the rail and then lift his feet so that he was supported by the harness to look like a low flying demon attacking the guest from behind.

But with the control room, I have to use each rail independently.

I have so many thoughts on what to do but I wanted a few of your ideas.

SOUNDS LIKE A AN AMAZING experiment!
    I wish i had mope input for you..but a very cool idea none the less!
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Have the area directly under whatever might be slung from the crane to be free and open and a no customer area.
      You could have them close to but not directly under the fall-zone.
      The mount Carroll JCs had a similair Vampire Flying Over the Graveyard using much smaller mechanical devices.
      The Vampire flew passed screaming, throwing the remaining torso of his last victim into the graveyard.
      Totally unexpected in a basement, even a basement with concrete pillars and a high ceiling.
      You have alot of "Wow!" potential, I hope if you decide to direct your efforts this direction that it all works for you, some things just don't.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X