15 years!? Where have you been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 years!? Where have you been?

A call a few minutes ago, a woman said she and her husband were here in the Ravens Grin Inn 15 years ago and it was their first date.
    They will be returning in a few days with their two teenagers and her Father who had only ever been to one "Really small, crumby haunted house in his life."
    So it remains my task to impress or get a reaction out of her Dad?
    After the first 45 minutes in my first room we will see whether he will respond as he should. There is always waiting ....."The Bad Dream Bed!"
    Sweet Dreams!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Every body say good bye to Grandpa! Bye Grandpa!
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Ya Jim do you provide free burial in your backyard? Or do you throw them over to the graveyard and leave them for the buzzards?
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Damon! You know the lawyers handling any deceased's estate would never let go of the body until every last penny and fee was rung out of it!
        Then you may do as you please with the left overs!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim . . .

I don't know where you sit on the marketing fence, but if you're looking for some cool publicity, you might want to send out a press release or otherwise notify the local media to the couple's story.

It's a heart-warmer, so it would be popular, plus give you some free advertising.

Sarah
          Sarah Meier
          Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
          "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Sarah, Because I'm open every night of the year I lead most of the tours then and get to often find out things about my customers that would be impossible to find out during the October crush/rush.
            I have had people from almost every country on this planet see my house. Last night two teenagers from Germany were here, one of them only spoke German.
            I often get to accurately assess the potential fear levels of many customers from just talking with them before they come in and then I try to adjust their experience in my first room or two to calm them, make them realise they will leave here alive, make them relax, laugh, maybe even get to put a little scare into their own group they are with.
            My relationship with the local newspaper is odd at best.
            When a semi ran over me going 80mph 6 years ago, it never made the paper, even though their photog took pictures of the car, this is from a "newspaper" that would list the same familys almost every week telling the world that" Duane Cheeseman's Mother -in-law had Sunday dinner with his family!?"
            They quit taking my letters to the Editor many years ago even though I only wrote one a year at best and was not being libelous toward anyone. (But I once did punch the owner of the paper in the nose..when I was in 6th grade during a basketball game we were playing, he was in 5th grade but taller than me?)
            He kept slapping my wrists, he needed to realise that is a foul! I did ask him "nicely" several times to stop before I punched him.
            Yes, it's a small town.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wait a minute. A semi ran over you at 80mph and you're still here to tell us about it? Please do tell!
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yes it did!

The car is on display in my backyard, the shirt I was wearing is on display in my front room along with the Illinois State Police accident report.
                I was not moving, a road construction situation. I had built a solid steel spoiler 7 feet high all welded through the rear fenders onto the frame, this had to have helped me survive.
                I had also padded the steering wheel like a stock car's. There was a steel angled bar from the floor hump/tunnel to the center of the car's roof.
                The car was a 1979 Ford Thunderbird and the extra steel items helped it to carry alot of lumber across it's roof, to that spoiler (air shocks to pump up for the increased load too)
                It just wasn't my day to die yet.
                One or two nights before this happened a psychic had almost demanded that I (as "The Home Owner") invite the 38th Ghost into the house from the side yard, where he had been forgotten about, neglected, ignored, whatever?
                I said, "No."
                He was mad when he left that night now approaching 7 years ago (I have not seen him since)
                After seeing the extreme forces at work demolishing that car I began to piece it together...I was to have been that 38th ghost, IF I had invited myself in.
                The side yard had been my workshop for almost 20 years now.
                There are many more strange coincidences surrounding this wreck, these are the major ones.
                I didn't even get whiplash.
                Maybe because I'm just such a relaxed guy?
                I saw him coming in my mirror, not a good thing to see.
                The ambulance guys couldn't see how I walked away from it...but then I open a haunted house every night , maybe if I actually had survived ..I would be finding something else to do with my nights?
                It takes alot of deoderant to hide death.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

As soon as I finish scraping my jaw off the floor, I will tell you that
                  I know *exactly* what you mean about the habits of your local
                  newspaper.

Here in La Grange, the population is 4,500. Need I say more? :roll:
                  Sarah Meier
                  Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                  "Words they remember you by"

Comment

I am shocked that Jim is still with us. However, even though I'm not as familiar with small towns, I'm starting to feel vibes from being a member of this small forum if you know what I mean.
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                    X