Torture Chamber Angle 1

Study

Slaughter Room

Roach Hall

Caverns

Spider Hall

Foyer 2

Kitchen

I will post more pics of the Facade and some of our other scenes soon.

Take care,
    Tattoo
    Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Great Pics Tattoo.

The event was a blast as usual and it got really good ratings from our listeners on the show when we visited for our Haunt Tour.

A top quality event.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Just have to keep on raisin' the bar, don't ya :roll:

Even the floors are detailed! Is that floor in the study scene actually wood, or painted?

Awesome scenes, gives the rest of us something to work toward. I have got to get a professional photographer to come in next year, our pictures always come out like stool.
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Very fantastic looking!
        Take the word Stupendous and add the word cool and it comes out "Stool"?
        Is it time to flush already?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow!
          "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Hi Brett,

The floor is painted, we try to paint as much of the floor as possible in hopes of tying the entire scene together. Kristie (our photographer) has been with us for over 10 years and is married to one of the Bad Boys. She owns Mystique Imagery and Cherry Bomb photo. She really has a feel for things that are dark and creepy. Thanks for the nice comments and take care.

Here are a couple of others.

Bathroom (First scene designed by our newest Bad Boy errrr Girl Veronica!)
            The floor is vinyl.

Our Facade - Color Scheme 1
            Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

I noticed that all of your rooms have ceilings. How do you get that past the fire inspector? Do you have sprinkers that extend below the false ceilings? I would like add ceilings to my haunt. The added effect is awesome!
              Kevin
              MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Hello Kevin,

We do not have a sprinkler system above our ceiling, however, we have worked with the same building and fire inspectors (including state) for the past 9 years. Everything is wired by code and extension cords are absolutely not allowed! The majority of our lighting is low voltage / low heat and everything is wired by licensed electricians. EVERYTHING we build is treated with fire retardants and every scene is equipped with fire extinguishers. Our actors are instructed and trained how to use them. We also have alot of emergency exits that are easily accessible from each room of the Haunt. Safety is our #1 concern and we work very closely with our inspectors throughout the year to deliver a safe environment. In 2 years we will be building a 25,000sq. ft building that will be fully equipped with a sprinkler system that will allow us to extend the sprinkler heads into the ceilings of the scenes. Our current floorplan is around 6000sq feet and is considered a "mobile" event. I have been haunting for 15 years and we have always had ceilings in our scenes. I am also a huge supporter of Haunted Attractions being inspected before opening, unsafe Attractions affect us all.

Take care,
                Tattoo
                Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

www.thirteenthfloor.com

Comment

:shock: :shock: :shock: Awesome sets and details! WOW :!: Ditto to the comment above... you've really raised the bar! Thanks for sharing the very cool and inspiring photos!

Kel
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'm going to have a chat with my inspector. I've never asked them about ceilings specifically. I just made the assumption that I could not use them.

Kel, didn't you add ceilings this year? What did you use?
                    Kevin
                    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Great photos! Yeah the sprinkler systems can be a problem. However we do have similar rules because they can't really be put in easily in old castles so it fire extinguishers and making sure staff are trained, fire retardent sprays etc.

Comment

We used camo-netting overhead. Teh Fire Marshal did allow us to use blackout fabric in two areas of the haunt overhead, but we had to have the majority of the haunt ceiling water permeable (I think that's the term he used). In other words, the majority of the overhead cover had to allow water through. Of course, we could always extend the sprinklers down, but that's just not in the budget yet. You definitely want to check with your local Fire Marshal to find out their requirements. Some are more flexible than others. I'm sure the Fire Marshal for Terror on the Fox has ensured a safe environment and has established a long term relationship with the Bad Boys. We're much newer to the industry so we expected to be held to much stricter standards. Our Fire Marshal is also new to the haunted attraction thing so he's probably going above and beyond with code enforcement to cover his @ss. I really can't blame him! :wink:

Kel
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

That's the rub with a sprinkler system, at least in our state. You don't have to have one, not required at all. But if you do, it has to be tagged, working and you have the ceiling issue. When we got our building, the system was already there, so we have to deal with the issues associated with it. We are going to be extending some heads down this coming season, though.
                          Brett Hays, Director
                          Fear Fair
                          www.fearfair.com

Comment

Simply amazing pics! I will have to make the trip out to see it first hand one of these halloween seasons!!!
                            http://www.nftsproductions.com
                            http://www.myspace.com/nfts
                            http://www.freewebs.com/eeriestreethaunt/
                            http://www.myspace.com/eeriestreethaunt

Comment

Those rooms are just incredible!! :shock: The all around detail inclusion in those sets is astounding. Just about perfect, not that I can find a single flaw, but I am sure as the designer builder there is a TON more you guys can think of.

And Man, if I could get and agreement to paint the floors I would.... I have been arguing for that tie in for our scenes for YEARS now.... On that topic, do you guys cover the floors before you paint them in order to have the scenes be a "set" so you can box up a room and move it? Or do you paint and repaint the floor if the room moves?

Just to note, on the sprinkler thing. Our local municipality officially requires we do not cover them in any way unless we bring them down into the room. We get away with camo netting and ceilings on some of the rooms. Our solution has been to build up and leave space at the ceiling level. If all the lighting is lower in the set the bleed over isn't bad and the 12 foot scenes have a nice imposing feel.

BTW, Do you guys need a working set slave.... I could eat the roaches off the wall......
                              http://www.innerfears.com/
                              http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                              X