Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glossy/Wet clothes?

Ellow everyone.

I'm in the process of making a costume and wish to make it appear "wet" (no, I don't mean peen' the pants wet). But, I don't know what to use for the effect or how to apply it. Don't want to just slather something on and figure out later that's not how to do it. The material I'm using for the costume isn't cloth, it's a chemical resistant coverall and rubber.

How do I glossify a flexible surface like that?
    Last edited by Smiley; 08-02-2008, 09:31 AM.

Smiley,

Listed from best to worst in gloss ability.

Something you could use is marine coat. "Ecotex"? It is a two part mix you can get at a local contractor paint supply house. It runs about $100 a gallon but it would give you the best wet look you can buy, but it will harden and possibly crack. It is what they use to coat Bar tops to give it that super deep look.

There are other options like Permawet. You can get this through monstermakers or other special effects suppliers. You can buy smaller quantities. It is also fairly expensive. It won't be quite as glossy as the previous option, but it would be good.

You can also use createx gloss medium but again the quality of the gloss is lowest out of the three but it is also the cheapest of the three.

Let me know how it goes.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks for the information. That Perma-Wet looks promising; I'll go with that.

Comment

Slippery when wet - Plastidip

Hey Smiley,

You received some great suggestions from our friend in Gore, Kevin. I thought I would mention an alternative I have recently enjoyed after trying about every darn clear and wet sauce known to mankind.

Try clear Plastidip for that nice wet coating that personal experience has shown can take the haunt season heat! This stuff is hard to find at the "box of tools" retail stores, but there is a really great seller on Ebay that offers it in small and large quantities.

This wet juice is great for doing stuff in layers and adding a sealing layer to masks etc, etc. It really shows some nice layering effects when doing buildups of layers for skin and such.

It is great for getting your Bon Jovi on and making it wet on just about anything. I have used it on wood even to build up wet puddle looking weirdness.

Slip on over here and check it out:

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

For your application here, this stuff will bend every which way but loose. It is fun stuff to use and one use will have you wondering what else you can apply it to, or on, or in, or above, or below. I am serious, I even want to put this stuff on my silverware so I can really dig in with rubber like grip!

They use it for tool handles you will see with a nice browse of the internetssss.

It appears you may need a large amount, so the 5 min epoxy approach may not be the answer, but that stuff dries really nice as you may know on masks and such.

Have fun! I would love to see your creation!
        Last edited by milkunits; 08-02-2008, 06:59 PM. Reason: This keyboard suddenly began typing things I did not know existed.
        Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

Thanks for the input.

Hope you have patients, because with my current income it won't be finished for the next month or two. Lotta parts to order.

Comment

Working...
          X