Business Formation of your Haunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Formation of your Haunt?

Venturing over to the legal business side of haunting, how is your Haunt set up? What type of business formation do you use? I went and checked out legalzoom.com today, has anyone had any experience using them?

LLC (Limited Liability Company)

INC. (Incorperation)

LP (Limited Partnership)

Other

Thanks,
    LLC
    42.86%
    INC.
    21.43%
    LP
    7.14%
    Other
    28.57%
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

we are a not-for-profit, not sure what the legal abbreviation for that would be.

Comment

I actually do know a little about business entities. Each one is contigent upon what type of business you actually are and who all is involved. Each entity is suitable for different people and their business. The most common is LLC. It's very simple in logistics and is easy and cheap to set up. Especially for something like a haunt, which is seasonal, you'll want the least government hassle as possible. But if you're going into the business with a partner, everything changes and an LLC might not be for you. Like I said, it's all about what your company is about and what fits you the best. You can pick up some really helpful books at barnes and noble in the small business section about business entities that will help you decide which is best for you. Hope this helps!

Comment

Unless things have changed in the last year I read that some states with LLC's really do not offer much asset protection and in some states a Judge just throws it out if the mood strikes him.
        I have noticed alot of LLC's listed on more and more busineses though, everything from a local one-man nail-pounder to Chrysler , it's an LLC.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X