Queue Entertainment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony,

I'm so excited about your ticketing system! Also, be looking for a visit from us soon... we really want to take a look at your attraction, if it's ok with you first! ... Sounds like you are running a top-notch show and have much to teach us! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

SkullTroniX Skull+Magic Motion makes a good Queue line entertainer

We got a lot of interest in Magic Motion for queue line entertainment at TW this year as it makes it possible for a hidden actor to control an animatronic prop to interact directly with your queue line.

Initially my thoughts about putting this kind of prop up front was kinda like giving the show away before you have even got any money off the punters, but after giving it some thought, you come to realize that when in the haunt your throughput requirements makes it hard to have a prop interact and converse without slowing down your throughput.

You could even tie this interaction up with the name grabbing ideas.
      Last edited by Phoenix; 08-06-2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Is there a link for "Magic Motion", I'd like to have an idea of what your talking about! Thanks. -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Nightgore View Post
          Is there a link for "Magic Motion", I'd like to have an idea of what your talking about! Thanks. -Tyler

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPFS8bmxa0

www.skulltronix.com

Comment

FearSeeker: Too bad you don't have a video of that. Great blackmail footage!

Hey, there's another idea. You know how you can buy a video of yourself on a rollercoaster at some theme parks? How about that for a haunt? The lighting would be an issue, but with all the innovation in this industry? Should be no problem!

Tony: I went to your site and looked at the Ivy Man suit. OMG, that is SO cool. I hope you have plans to do different types, as well.

Also, I wanted to ask you . . . on your ticketing system, for those who buy tickets that get them into the HH quickly, you don't think you could actually be *losing* revenues by not having them wait (i.e., buying stuff at the pre-haunt events)?

"oh, i see you have glowsticks! thats good. you can see in the dark now....but that means that the monsters inside will find you faster than ever..... have fun!"

phreakout: I can just see the oh-crap-I-hadn't-thought-of-that look on their faces, LOL!

Phoenix: I went to your site, too, and watched the YouTube demo. Amazing!
            He would make a perfect host for a HH. Imagine all the different personalities
            you could fit him out with. Or, for that matter, "he" could be a "she."

Sarah
            Sarah Meier
            Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
            "Words they remember you by"

Comment

BTW, Phonix, unless the person providing the voice for the MM skeleton gives something away, I don't see how it would give away the show.

I don't understand how it could slow things down, either.

There must be something I'm not getting.

Sarah
              Sarah Meier

Comment

I think its a matter of personal opinion, I only came to understand this prop as a queue line entertainer at TW, before then I would have kept the prop in the haunt where I could control the time at which the punters would see it and at what point they recognise it as an interactive prop.

However, the prop works best when its got time to interact with punters, and they actually take the time to interact with it., when you have a long queue line its not always a good idea to have something interactive inside the haunt where you want to keep people flowing, however, you have the opposite problem in the Queue, here you have time, and the punters are waiting around anyway.

At TW it was a blast to use, despite the fact I was sitting 2 feet behind the prop in full view, many people just didn't see me (OK, it was in the dark zone) and they were amazed that the prop was following them, and even more amazed when it started directing personal comments at them.

Its very much a matter of how it bests fits inside your haunt, its a very versatile system which can be used live or you could just use it to pre-record routines for playback, some people felt that whilst the prop itself didn't fit with the tone of the inner haunt it did make an excellent MC, and we even have a major theme park looking at using the system for driving one of their characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting Copy View Post
                  BTW, Phonix, unless the person providing the voice for the MM skeleton gives something away, I don't see how it would give away the show.

I don't understand how it could slow things down, either.

There must be something I'm not getting.

Sarah

If inside the attraction, something interactive like the awesome skulltronix system either gets lost in the attraction, or holds up the customers. In busy attractions you want customers in each scene for a minimal amount of time, we shoot for maybe two seconds before scaring them into the next scene. Other wise it gets hard to get a couple thousand customers thru the attraction before it's closing time.
                  Brian Warner
                  Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                  Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                  Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions View Post
                    If inside the attraction, something interactive like the awesome skulltronix system either gets lost in the attraction, or holds up the customers. In busy attractions you want customers in each scene for a minimal amount of time, we shoot for maybe two seconds before scaring them into the next scene. Other wise it gets hard to get a couple thousand customers thru the attraction before it's closing time.
                    yup, but in the queue line the problem is reversed

Comment

I think the skulltronix system in the queue line sounds like a great idea, and the you-tube video made it look terrific too. What a great distraction while you're waiting, and it can be used to gather information to use during the haunt.
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I also think that if it's possible to make a video of people going through the haunt and showing them being terrified, those would make for some great sellers at the end of the haunt.
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

One other idea: what if the skulltronix guy or gal encouraged people (kids in particular) to get their glow sticks (or whatever you are promoting) up front to make the monsters go away while going through the haunt? Then wouldn't people be more likely to buy whatever it is?

Or the skulltronix person could train the kids to scare their parents in a kids section of the haunt in order to help alleviate their fears before going in. I think my nieces and their friend were all freaked out before going in just because of the waiting and worrying about it while the spooky music played, and it would be nice to find a way to calm them down or distract them while they are waiting.

Just some things to think about.
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tony,

I forgot to mention that I looked at all of your Spookywoods stuff, and I was quite impressed!
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I see my mistake, Phoenix, LOL.

So yeah, I think he would make s super addition to *queue* entertainment.

I don't know how excited I'd be about having the kids touch him, though. Even with supervision, it's still tricky. Then you also have all the drama of the parents thinking
                              it's perfectly OK for Junior to smear his cotton-candy hands all over the thing. In my mind, there's just too much at risk.

But as for upselling, if I were a customer, I'd buy all the glowsticks in a case,
                              just for the kick I'd get out of talking to a "live" skeleton!

Sarah
                              Sarah Meier

Comment

Couldn't you put the skulltronix system just out of reach of everyone, maybe up high looking down on the crowd or in a cage or behind a barricade so that nobody could touch it?
                                Chris Riehl
                                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                                (586)209-6935
                                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                                X