Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haunting Copy View Post
    I see my mistake, Phoenix, LOL.

So yeah, I think he would make s super addition to *queue* entertainment.

I don't know how excited I'd be about having the kids touch him, though. Even with supervision, it's still tricky. Then you also have all the drama of the parents thinking
    it's perfectly OK for Junior to smear his cotton-candy hands all over the thing. In my mind, there's just too much at risk.

But as for upselling, if I were a customer, I'd buy all the glowsticks in a case,
    just for the kick I'd get out of talking to a "live" skeleton!

Sarah
    Like all prop placements you need take such matters into consideration, the performer can also supervise the prop by being hidden just a few feet away behind a scrim curtain, this way they also get to hear the punters without needing a monitor microphone, and its easier to tune the prop motion to synchronise with the performer such that the prop always looks where the performer looks.

If you have the prop sitting then you can have a table that acts as a natural barrier, or maybe use a coffin or something else 'natural' like a torcher cage

Comment

Originally posted by twohlgemuth View Post
      We have a DJ inside our facade above the waiting area as they wait in line with a large 12x16 movie screen playing Elswarro's Que Line DVD. Add our Ivy Man suit blended into the natural ivy on our haunted house and you got some great entertainment before the enter the haunt.

Good Luck and Keep them Screaming!

Hey Tony! Thanks for the plug! Our dvd's are a really affordable way to add ambience to your line. If anybody wants to see a demo, visit our website!
      www.elswarro.com
      Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

Phoenix and FearSeeker: LOL. Give the skeleton a sociopathic personality to account for the cage
        and some gruesome comments (if that kind of thing is allowed). Could be a lot of fun.
        Last edited by Haunting Copy; 08-06-2008, 11:53 PM.
        Sarah Meier
        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Sociopathic personalities, fun, and gruesome comments, within reason, are definitely allowed in haunts.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by FearSeeker View Post
            Sociopathic personalities, fun, and gruesome comments, within reason, are definitely allowed in haunts.
            This is of course the great thing about having a live prop, the actor can tailor the spiel to the audience, if its a bunch of young kids then just threatening to eat them or asking the parents if you can buy them is unusually enough, however as the average age of the queueline matures then the actor can up the ante.

Comment

Having tickets with the time on them did eliminate customer bitching, also eliminated large groups standing infront of the house with nothing to do but possibly spend more money.
              There are 4 taverns within 120 feet of my house (this house was originally a tavern, 1870 to 1925) and the Local Firemen set up a food stand across the parking lot from my entrance.
              Adam Drendel wrote once that the exterior of my house provides much anticipation and "entertainment". The whole downtown looks like it might be a movie set, but then it was a couple of times!
              Now if I could just come up with several millions of dollars to buy the whole downtown and put a plastic bubble over it all! (that bubble would be the biggest expense!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                This is of course the great thing about having a live prop, the actor can tailor the spiel to the audience, if its a bunch of young kids then just threatening to eat them or asking the parents if you can buy them is unusually enough, however as the average age of the queueline matures then the actor can up the ante.
                And it makes for a wonderful memory of the event.
                Sarah Meier
                Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                "Words they remember you by"

Comment

And it provides photo opportunities near the live prop for a small fee, of course.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                  X