One of our customers opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of our customers opinions...

Just wanted to show you all what one of our customers thought of our event last year. I came across this just doing a random search and I have asked the author if I could show it off. With her permission, I'd like you all to take a look at what she wrote.

"Danger Run was a success! We had so much fun and for a change we actually finished the Run with TEN minutes to spare. (1:50 a.m.) As for the contest, I felt our mileage was good, but our "count" of stops was probably off. Regardless of winning or losing, we had the best time. The final haunt was in the middle of NOWHERE. We arrived in Louisville to our starting gate at 9:50 and we started on our journey at 10:15. We took our time, stopping periodically to read ahead, not that it always helps or makes sense. Here's an example of one of the clues:

"A Liar would tell you that a liar would say:
    ' At the spear with two heads, right isn't the way?'
    You must think just a little
    In solving this riddle.
    Or you'll make the wrong choice, and with mileage you'll pay. "

What way would you go?

Matt was the driver and he does a wonderful job at remaining calm considering how stressful it is to make last second changes in an area you are completely unfamiliar with. (We only had one "Oh, shit!" moment.) When I'm not rushed, I love being lost. For me, it's a lovely feeling, ripe with possibility and an accompanying sense of "smallness". Not being the driver, I can afford that luxury. Finally, I figured out the reason I love Danger Run. As you read the clues, your brain can MAKE the clues fit what you're seeing. You can drive along for quite a distance before you realize you've substituted your reality for the actual designated path. Until you see something unequivocal that tells you that you are correct, it's a guessing game. During one particularly challenging section, we had made several turns, followed a half-dozen clues and gone several miles. As we approached what would be our next turn, I said, "If this is Dreibel, we made the right choices." Sure enough, it WAS. It was like we won the lottery. We screamed with the delight of our accomplishment! That feeling is euphoric and addictive."

You can find this on her website at http://my-pathos.livejournal.com/ about midway down the page. Anyway, it was one of the best descriptions of the run we had ever read...a HUGE thanks goes out to her!

Don't forget to get all the details on this year's run at
    www.dangerrun.com
    Last edited by dangerrun13guy; 08-06-2008, 03:49 PM.

"Entertainment" Defined.

When the customer's brain cells are engaged and more than just momentarilly distracted real wonder, awe and mental processes can flourish usually distorting the passage of time and stimulating mild euphoria.
    Congratulations!
    A customer impressed is worth their weight in gold.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A game of clues sounds like great fun to me!
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I had never heard of a haunt like this. Why isn't it being mimicked across the
        country?!

A thousand congratulations on that wonderful testimonial. Now, if you don't use
        it to good effect, I'm going to personally throttle you, LOL!!

Sarah

(For the sake of I-don't-want-to-go-to-jail, that was a mock threat. )
        Sarah Meier
        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

I'm stupid. I now can see why it wouldn't be everywhere. It's in a CAR!! I thought
          these contestants were in a golf cart or something, LOL!

A game like this on foot would be a blast, too. "Running trail" is extremely popular.

Sarah
          Sarah Meier

Comment

So Sarah, do you have a big piece of property out in LaGrange or the Austin area in order to create the golf cart or foot version of this? Gas has gotten awfully expensive.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

"Expensive gas"? It's all relative. As soon as our employers and customers begin handing us alot more money gas will seem cheap again, right?
              Now how do we get them to hand us alot more money? Oh, I forgot. THAT is the hard part.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

LOL, no, I don't have a lot of land <sigh>, but LOTS of other people do!

There seem to be a growing number of landowners who want to be creative
                with their land. The crunch is upon us!

Jim, you're right. The hard part is trying to figure out how to get people to
                hand over their funds, LOL. That's why I ask so many questions. The more
                questions, the more answers, the more money.
                Sarah Meier

Comment

Well, it may be too late for this year, but I just thought since LaGrange is so close to Austin, and the Austin area in general is so full of college kids (fraternity and sorority students) who I think would love this type of thing, I say "Build it and they will come." But what do I know? I've got to go get ready for work too.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by FearSeeker View Post
                    Well, it may be too late for this year, but I just thought since LaGrange is so close to Austin, and the Austin area in general is so full of college kids (fraternity and sorority students) who I think would love this type of thing, I say "Build it and they will come." But what do I know? I've got to go get ready for work too.
                    OMG, believe me, I've dreamed about having my own haunt for, like, EVER, LOL.

I would be reluctant to build in La Grange, though, despite its "close" proximity
                    to Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. With the countless activities that are
                    available in those places, I worry that the sell would be too tough. It would
                    require a very careful market analysis.

I think if it were combined with a campground, the sky would be the limit.

Sarah
                    Sarah Meier

Comment

I Once Overheard:

A man of my Dad's generation say sarcastically:"Have you Ever heard of a campground going broke?"
                      This was before the EPA, electrical requirements and hook ups for RVs, it is not just a open field and a few trees and a riding lawn mower anymore.
                      The local campground 3 miles from me is doing very well, sold out campsites! The original campground was totally rebuilt beginning about 7 years ago, the previous camp was very crude by today's expectations but it "worked" for 50 years!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X