What to do/say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do/say

This is kind of like Dr. Strange's post, im going to be workin at a haunted house, and my character, is going to be a totally insane wacko, (with dreadlocks), i am going to have drool hanging from my mouth, twitching, shaking wildly, mumbling to myself, and i was just wondering what i could mumble to myself as people walk by, or what moves should i make and stuff like that, lemme know your ideas !

Thanks!

-Scarefest

if dealing with a psychotic character, then it will seem more fitting to mess with customers minds, rather than just run and jump. you can still use scaring tactics to make them scream, but i would go more with having the creepy factor play in.

walk in a slight limp, or drag your leg somewhat. pretend as if you've lost muscle control in parts of your body. sharp, fast twitches are very effective.

speaking wise, I would literally have conversations to yourself, in a whisper quiet style. shake and nod your head, as if agreeing/disagreeing with yourself. gurgling works alot too.

when talking to customers, begin with random questions, then tell yourself to be quiet and so on so forth (think of golem from LOTR, how he argued with himself). then you can use threatening lines, such as "noone can escape" or "welcome to my hell", or short lines.

giggling like a child creeps me out actually. perhaps trying that out? theres diffrent ways of going about being a psycho. it all must come from within your mind (no pun intended)

Comment

Study Brad Pitt's character in 12 Monkeys - especially the asylum scene.
      Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

To act totally nuts, drool, pick your nose ,mumble then loudly say this very plainly:"I'm voting for McCain!"
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Phreakout, those are great ideas, i was really thinking about the sharp twitching almost like a constant terrets syndrome, i really like the idea of argueing with myself and what not thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
            To act totally nuts, drool, pick your nose ,mumble then loudly say this very plainly:"I'm voting for McCain!"
            Jim, I love it!!! You're just too funny!!!
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Scarefest13,

It couldn't hurt to also read this other thread:

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ead.php?t=5385

The characters may be slightly different but it may give you some ideas.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Yeah i made a thread on this earlier, i would just advise maybe yelling at one point then dropping your voice to a menacing whisper, then speak normally and plainly then start wretching or something. Thats why i love characters like this. There are so manny things you can do with them!

-Zackary J

Comment

Working...
                X