Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok this has been bugging me for a while

Hey everybody,

Alright do you find Scream scary? See im asking this because im debating weather or not i should put him in the haunt. I mean when i first saw the movie he gave me the heeby jeebies. But he just doesnt seem to frighten a lot of people these days, whats everyones opinion?

Thanks!

-Zackary J
    Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 08-10-2008, 12:52 PM.

To be honest stay away from ALL horror movie characters... First of all you don't want any Hollywood Lawyers knocking on your door. second is un-original. Be creative. Develop your own characters
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

WEAK! NOT SCARY AT ALL!
      And has anyone EVER heard of a hollywood lawyer hassling anyone for using characters from movies?
      sigpic
      PEACE, ADAM
      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Some lawyer has hassled people making masks of copyrighted characters.
        Yes they have.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well i cant just as easily get around that by saying its not the scream killer its just a guy in a mask with a knife cant i? Anyway its not for me, trust me i have my own forte of origional characters ranging from Nak the clown to Null the zombie or Obe The Butcher. I was just thinking about it, because we are short on cash right now im trying to come up with cheap yet effective costume ideas....its harder then i thought it would be.

So any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

-Zackary J

Comment

Short on cash for a costume?
            how about "Nil" the Nudist!
            Very scary!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Mmmm indeed, its very terrifieng Jim. Yet alas i dont think that monster would appeal or even scare to many customers, but please keep the ideas coming hahaha.

Thanks

-Zackary J

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post

Alright do you find Scream scary?

-Zackary J

Scream isn't scary any longer because the character was waaaay overdone. Scary Movie didn't help.
                Madness does not always howl. Sometimes it is that quiet voice in the middle of the night asking, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

Comment

Not scary.

Kids could buy the mask and hood for $8 at any store a few years ago. Right after the first movie came out you could probably get some scares with it. Now people would just look at it and say, "Oh, look, somebody in one of those Scream movie masks."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Giggles View Post
                    Please keep the ideas coming hahaha.

Thanks

-Zackary J
                    How about a ventriloquist with one of those little dolls like Chucky but not Chucky? They could be having an argument at the beginning of the haunt and the doll could be threatening the ventriloquist. Then as people make their way through the haunt, it could become apparent that the doll has escaped and has wreaked havoc all over the haunt, even injuring the ventriloquist and possibly later murdering him or her. You would just need to buy a couple or three of the same dolls for that and then get somebody to play the ventriloquist. Then stage whatever scenes you want to show that the dummy has wreaked havoc everwhere.

And mimes can be scary and cheap costume-wise.

How about some Harry Potter stuff for the kids? Pretend you're eating those nasty flavored jelly beans like vomit, ear wax, sardines, spinach, etc., and that you're going to make them eat them too. Come on people. What other nasty flavors did they have?

These are just some ideas to get you started thinking.
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I like the vent. idea. I wanted to do that using one of my kids as the doll. Problem was, by the time either of them were able to interact with me on that level, they were too big to carry in one arm like that.

A creepy marionette is another good one... The puppetmaster could be on stilts in some kind of circus garb.

Depending on your show theme, dirty miners, mechanics, hillbillies, bikers, thugs are all easy costumes to make. A lot of people are afraid of them.
                      To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

Hmmm i rather like that ventriloquiest idea, and i give you kudos for originality. Yet sadly it tends to be the desire to be origional that makes things...well...UN origional. And this is not really a child intended haunt, it leans more towards the ages of 12 and up...

Yeah but the thing is that our theme this year is an Ode to famous movie killers. We are trying to make them feel like the are paart of some of these horror films and that they are legetimately being chased by michael myers or freddy kruger. And im trying to come up with cheap ways to make this possible but still very scary...t just doesnt seem likely.

But thanks all for the input on the scream killer.
                        Last edited by Dr. Giggles; 08-10-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I guess it's really up to you. How do you feel about the idea?? I know many people on here have said before in the past to stay away from the horror movie characters. Yes I can admit I have seen some pretty cheesy scenes before. But on the other hand I have seen some kicka$$ horror movie rooms like your Jason's/Freddy/Pinhead/Leatherface etc. You just got to pull it off right. All depends on your actors and how the room is made up. I worked for a haunt years ago that did the scream room. And it was pretty cool because of the actors. There was a female actor getting stabbed to death by the "scream dude"and she had the most blood curdling scream I have ever heard. She made that whole room. She also was smearing blood on the walls the was coming from her chest. Then just dropped dead. It looked pretty cool and freaked a lot of people out.
                          ~Bill Mlinac
                          The Deadland Haunted House
                          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Hmm see i like that idea a lot. The idea that my friend had was that we would plant a decoy in i dunno like ever other group and then the scream killer would leap out behind a corner and just stab that person in the group to death. Then they would be like ...umm didnt he just come in with us? OH NO! RRUUUN !

Er thats what my friend suggested, what do you think?

-Zackary J

Comment

Your going to have to have quite a few decoys and that person is going to get very tired very quick and to be honest it has been done befor and very few will really beileve its "real." Now if you reversed it. Have a decoy go in with a group and have an actor jump out and scare the group. The decoy can act like he was so scared and wiped out a gun and "shot" your actor, I would then be like "Oh Shit" and run lol
                              Sean De Wane
                              ----------------------------------------------
                              The De Wane Asylum
                              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
                              X