Seeking Help With Ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Help With Ideas...

I believe I may have already mentioned that the theatre building we have been able to secure with a year round lease has a complete stage/theatre in the back, behind our haunted attraction. We have yet to determine how many of the theatre seats we can fit in the space in front of the stage, but we believe we can fit between 300 and 400. Not only is there a full stage area, but there is also an automatic drop down movie screen on the stage. We've already begun planning for a "Scream Break" (Spring Break) event and we plan to operate Raycliff Manor for this event. We're looking into ideas for use in the back stage area. The following are a few ideas we are tossing around:

*Seance Theatre Show
    *Rocky Horror Show
    *Fright Time Funhouse (a locally broadcast horror host and classic movie show) Two of our actors are the Horror Hosts of the show and we're thinking of letting them broadcast with a live audience!

We could run the movies and other shows around the haunted attraction schedule. For example, we could run the Rocky Horror Show at midnight, after the haunt closed, and allow patrons to dress up and perform on stage in front of the movie screen.

If anyone has any other suggestions, we'd love to hear them! We're going to be having a meeting a week from this Sunday and I'd love to take anything to the table that our HauntWorld family might suggest. If you have tried anything like this and you have any warnings or advice, we'd love to hear that too! Thanks! :wink:

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Maybe have some type of horror film festival? There are tons and tons of independantly produced horror movies out there.

Comment

Kel,

I emailed you with more information, but what I will through out here for brainstorming purposes is what about an old time Midnight Spook Show?

Dave
      Lords of Chaos, LLC
      House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys! Two of our actors are actually hosts of a Midnight show that airs on Friday nights at Midnight on cable access called Fright Time Funhouse. I'm going to be exploring the possibilities with them. David, I love the idea of a Horror Film Festival and Dave, I'll be looking forward to reading your email! Thanks again!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

If you do Rocky Horror, Have a clean up crew on retainer. Or one super heavy duty shop-vac at least
          http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
          Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
          When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
          If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Working...
          X