Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum haunt

Hello everyone,

I am making an asylum haunt this year, its my very first one so i almost have everything down...except decoration, what should i put around my haunt!!!!!!!!!! what should i hang on walls etc etc. any decoration ideas would be appreciated!!!!!

Thank you!

-Scarefest13

Google Mental hopitals, insain asylums and what not. Look at what really was on the walls. You can always go the bloody gore route but in im opinion being authentic is the way to go.
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

urine and feces would probably be the most common wall drippings, er coverings.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

haha very funny...keep the ideas flowin

Comment

Have you heard of a skeleton tree? Totally kidding. Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Nothing says insanity like that pale mint green paint on the walls, ripped up medical/anatomy charts, fecal matter (smeared of course), bloody hand prints (a few good head smashes and smeared to the ground would do nicely) all accompanied by a slowly flickering lightbulb. Go to garage sales and thrift stores and find some outdated anatomy books amd rip out the pages! Or go to teacher supply stores. Mmmmmm..... tasty craziness!
            Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Katie those are awesommeeeesss ideas will definetly be using some of those thanks for helpin!

Comment

We did an asylum a couple years ago - and I insisted on the green walls! LOL Good luck and post pics! If I think of some other idea, I'll post!

Comment

The mint green room is actually the color of an operating room but i as well like to paint any mental hospital walls with it. Even though it really dosen't belong it does make you immediatley think Hospital of some sort over and other color.

If you can find any x-rays it's always a cool effect to build a box with a small wattage light behind them and hang that on a wall.

Check the local salvage yeard for any used hospital equipment, we just found dozens of gynecologist beds. We only took one, but man that would be freaky to enter a room and see dozens of gyne tables on both sides.

I won't go into deep explanation as we do have some women aboard, use your imagination.

Comment

The mint green room is actually the color of an operating room but i as well like to paint any mental hospital walls with it. Even though it really dosen't belong it does make you immediatley think Hospital of some sort over and other color.

If you can find any x-rays it's always a cool effect to build a box with a small wattage light behind them and hang that on a wall.

Check the local salvage yeard for any used hospital equipment, we just found dozens of gynecologist beds. We only took one, but man that would be freaky to enter a room and see dozens of gyne tables on both sides.

I won't go into deep explanation as we do have some women aboard, use your imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Katie View Post
                      We did an asylum a couple years ago - and I insisted on the green walls! LOL Good luck and post pics! If I think of some other idea, I'll post!

Is that what that was. I thought you just liked to wipe poop on the wall Katie.

Slow flickering light bulb, that was allllll me. Green walls, all katie!
                      Brian Warner
                      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I visited a nursing home/nut house and their walls were built around 1880 and they were wall papered and very stinky, heavilly into urine, very old urine, stains too.
                        Someone was going to make a haunted house out of it but I was told it turned out to be too haunted! (Or maybe it was just an incredible amount of WORK!?)
                        I think it sure would be.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Whether it's "accurate" or not - I still think green is creepier than white walls. Thats' my story and I'm stickin to it! It was cheap and still gave a great institution feel.

Gadget - i try to keep my poop smearing to myself... thanks for outing me! LOL I did get some strange looks with a bunch of sprayfoam turds drying on my front porch... good times! You go on flicker light man!

Oh yeah.. one other thing! Don't forget to have insane ramblings written in blood or feces. I used inspiratiojn from what I thought the patients would hear everyday, several times. Along the lines of "Take your meds, take your meds!" Don't forget to flush, it only hurts for a minute, pills pills pills, "time for medication!" I also had cave drawings and little kids drawings in both feces and blood. Use some stuff that's totally of the wall (the monkey ate my pillow, don't look at me, "I am not crazy - repeated over and over)
                          Last edited by Killer Katie; 08-13-2008, 06:57 PM.

Comment

After weighing the pros and cons..

I think..the "Pillow Ate My Monkey" would be much better.
                            And just to add to the autheticity have banana peels in the bed.
                            Maybe some dark, coarse hair and his tail, this might be effective, a little tail in bed?
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

HAHAHA Jim u are way to funny

Comment

Working...
                              X