Would I be considered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's pretty good!

Now if you will notice off in our asylum in room #2, Bob here thinks edge is so great, he has completely shaved his entire body and now thinks he is a dolfin!?! <insert Dolfin chirp>
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
      That's pretty good!

Now if you will notice off in our asylum in room #2, Bob here thinks edge is so great, he has completely shaved his entire body and now thinks he is a dolfin!?! <insert Dolfin chirp>
      rotflmao!!
      Sarah Meier
      Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
      "Words they remember you by"

Comment

The undefeated 1973 Dolphins?
        They were all that clean shaven??
        Maybe he thinks he's Gertrude Ebberly?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ok heres my in put on the whole professional haunt idea.

A haunt should be considered professional if they treat there haunt as a business, and present themselves and there haunt professionally.

Also you dont need to rent a building or make a profit. As hard as it to accept there are a few home haunts that are very much professional.
          For example there are buisnesses that people run out of there home that are extremely professional. There are also professional organizations that dont make a profit. There are even professional events and organizations that dont make a profit and are even considered non-profit organizations.

This means that there could be non-profit, charity, home haunts. and even quick haunts that dont rent out buildings, that should be considered proffesional.

This is the dictionary definition
          "Professional-exhibiting a courteous, conscientious, and generally businesslike manner in the workplace"

Hope you all understand my general concept. Thank you and let me know what you think.
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Dark Mind,

Yes there are catagoires of many haunts, Ben Gave a great listing. But at least to me being a pro haunter is anybody that gives a huge chunck of their lives to it.

Buiding and operating a haunt is a huge peice of your time, money and devotion.

If you give up family time, miss important dates, or in my case stop fishing to build and operate or manage a haunt i think you should at least be considered a pro haunter.

Im not an owner but i have worked for two great haunts now, im most definetly one of the few that give major time to our event, Im managment, I run our make up department as well as do seminars and teach it, i run our hayride, im one of three builders, i do a lot of the set designing, i even try to get sponsorships occasionally. I fully understand the haunt bussiness. Yet i don't own the haunt.

Does that not make me a pro haunter? Because ever day i pick up a hammer or drill im thinking Pro Haunt, every time i have somebody in my chair im thinking Pro make up, everytime i teach a new kid ten different ways to work his spot im teaching him on a pro level.

So Dark Mind, Great Question. I guess it's how you look at it, is there something on your resume that graduates you to Pro Haunter? Only you will know.

The number your looking for is not how many through the door, it's how many hours it owns you!

Comment

Thanks for getting this back on track guys :-)

I do things in the most professional way I know how. I spend a lot of time on it, and I take pride in the final result. The feedback I get is good, to very good, so I think I'm on the right track. I have lots to learn but I am "in the game" doing what I love to do.
              Last edited by Dark Mind; 08-21-2008, 12:59 AM.

Comment

So I guess the answer to this thread is.... yes - you would be considered a pro haunter, since everyone considers themselves and others as professional haunters. Congrats on going pro....ya made it !!!

but

then again so did everyone else.
                Last edited by maliciousstudios; 08-21-2008, 06:01 AM.
                "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                www.maliciousstudios.com
                "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Were All Pro In Our Own Way!!! Lmfao
                  Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
                    So I guess the answer to this thread is.... yes - you would be considered a pro haunter, since everyone considers themselves and others as professional haunters. Congrats on going pro....ya made it !!!

but

then again so did everyone else.

Good, it's settled then

Comment

Working...
                    X