Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warmups & stretching beforehand

I am a little curious to know if any other actor does this or not, but
    before / after you get dressed and makeup, do you guys stretch or do any warm ups before you go to your location? I tend to move alot when i act, and I get sore easy, as I dont work out much. I imagine those with high energy characters or sliders would do this, but I was just curious to know if anyone does this habit or not.

I used to warm up a bit when back when I was envolved with a little hands on before I reported for duty.... atleast 1 or 2 victims before each show.... it was just the ticket, really stretched my muscles.... then a nice soak in the hot tub after the show and I would sleep like a baby....ahhhhhh ( OH YEAH )
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I would never want to sleep like a baby, waking up all night long , crying because you are hungry again or because your diaper is full.
      Of course my little Brother was eating peas one day.."Where did he get those peas?"
      We had peas yesterday.....there they were looking just like new, peas spilling out of the corner of his diaper!
      "Yumm!"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

lol...( Peas )...lol....yeah thats just wrong ( you are a sick man )
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Can't say I've ever felt stretching to be all that neccessary, least not for me. I was fortunate enough to be a complete loser in high school. Instead of having a normal dating life, or one at all for that matter, I spent years in my room rocking out to heavy metal; and all those days spent rocking out have given me immense stamina and freakish lower body strength! Not sure if singing "don't stop believin'" helped, but I like to think it did. Now I can spend hours upon hours of constant running, jumping, kicking, and weaping in the corner mumbling, "I'm so lonely!"

So to answer your post, no, I don't stretch.

I would never want to sleep like a baby, waking up all night long , crying because you are hungry again or because your diaper is full.
          Of course my little Brother was eating peas one day.."Where did he get those peas?"
          We had peas yesterday.....there they were looking just like new, peas spilling out of the corner of his diaper!
          "Yumm!"
          .....well uh.....sounds like you won't be spending all that much money on food.

"Remember kids, recycle your cans, bottles, and peas."
          Last edited by Smiley; 08-19-2008, 05:23 AM.

Comment

lol.....poopy peas.....yum !

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

I spent the first 50 yrs. stretching now I'm trying to warm up.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes, we encourage our folks to stretch the muscles. Many people forget to "stretch" their vocal chords!! Train their voices like singers - telling them not to scream, and to use their voice in clever/creepy ways so they don't blow vocal chords! We also recommend warm drinks and have provided hot drinks (hot chocolate) in the break room to help soothe vocal chords. Ice water is the worst thing for them. Tea is good too.

No joke - with haunt season coming up, it's a good excuse to get a membership to a gym and I'm telling my husband I need my weekly spa message! Gotta limber up!
                Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                The White Star Farm
                "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Speaking of stretching im a huge believer of vocal stretching. Right now is the key time to tell your actors to start vocal stretching for the upcoming month.
                  I meen you use your voice as much if not more then your body.

How do you do this everybodys asking. I love music, i have an MP3 player like everybodyelse in the world. Pick a song that you can sing even half way decently. I love Heavy Metal music, it has the high notes, the growls it's all there with todays artists but type of music isn't important,

Sing that song everyday at least once a day, loud, driving down the road windows open belting it out loud ! From now until October each week add a song to the list and work up the voice to last through all the songs.

Mix the songs artists up so your matching different octaves of singers.

That way your not going into season with virgin lungs, your rough, your raw, your ready to belt out !

Comment

Working...
                  X