Any haunted house in Florida?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any haunted house in Florida?

I'm looking for a job at a haunted house, preferably a more adult venue as opposed to a kiddie venue for maybe one or two nights per week for the month of October or all year round, anywhere in North Eastern Florida (St. Augustine County/Jacksonville) area.

If you do know where or have any openings there, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!

C. Riley
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Well being from Jacksonville I'll be the first to tell you that there isn't much down here.

The only haunts down here would be a place called Skull Castle http://skullcastle.com and the Jaycees. Neither of wich I would really consider 'adult oriented'. Other than that the closest pro Halloween event going on would be Universal's HHN and Wild Adventures 'Phobia'.

Don't know how interested you are, but I'm actually going to be opening a commercial haunt here in the Jax area for the 09' season. We should be starting to build this coming Jan/Feb. Being our first season we'll be looking for all the help we can get.
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Hey Chris

I thought you were here in CA. Did you decide to trade the earthquakes for hurricanes?

Comment

I think so too

Shawnc, I know that you will understand that I am being sincere when I say that I think you are correct.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
          I thought you were here in CA. Did you decide to trade the earthquakes for hurricanes?
          LOL - Yep, when I checked to edit my profile and I saw that the state where I live was in CA... I said, "Hell no!" So, I had to change it... perhaps it was there when I first signed up here? Well, thank you for letting me know.
          Last edited by HalloweenCom; 08-20-2008, 11:55 AM.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Mary Martin in the village of the Damned

Check out somethingintheice.com We run a haunt between palatka and Gainesville. Very adult orientated. We still are recruiting for the season.

Comment

Shawnc, I'm 99% sure now. Even that "Hell no!" is the same as in my Registration thread.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

THere are very few haunts in Florida because amusement parks dominate the scene down there... most haunts that do open get simply cremated! I know some guys from New York are going to try their magic in Miami but I don't think it will make it... Universal and Busch Gardens just stomp all over everyone. It is hard state to run a haunted house. Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Ok, thanks for the information. I've never been to any haunted houses before - but did visit some haunt yard displays iny my own neighborhood with kids. I remember one of the houses that was near to me, running a BIG cool yard display better than others! These people were from Filipano - they created awesome yard and props! And also, I've been there to paranormal place in NE FL where a few people stated they've seen some ghosts there before - but I did go there and never seen any ghosts myself! One day, I will take my kids to see the Universal Studios there.

So, does anyone know any good updates about Universal Studios of this year? Maybe you can post some more news here. I love to read more about it!
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Until I just read Larry's logic concerning the few haunts in Florida (theme parks dominate) I had always assumed there weren't many haunts in Florida because my ex lives there! Who could compete with THAT?
                    The Screaming! The Torture! The pointless high-energy talking! I KNOW who YOU think won the Civil War, but you are wrong!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry Floridas huge

Larry I couldnt disagree more. Thats not just because I am here in Florida. First hallowscreams attendance is off (busch gardens) because it is the same old stuff.
                      Universal is awesome to an extent (I go every year) Their problem is they have 7 or 8 houses only two of which they will spend any real capital on the rest are usually not detailed and honestly pretty lame. I would agree with you that within a 75 mile radius of the 2 haunts I wouldnt even attempt it. But beyond that, hell look at Miami's population and tampa and orlando are roughly 250 miles away. On top of that Halloween horror night tickets are roughly 25 to 60+ a ticket and an express is roughly 30 to 50 a ticket more. The only reason I go is I get comped tickets because of my position at my day job. I have a large family I would go broke.

Comment

I must agree with M.S.G. , HHN is overpriced . I've been there 6 times and don't plan on going for awile. I'm in S.Fl. and we need something down here. Years ago there was a haunt at the Youth Fair Grounds that really drew crowds. I think if they place something at a central location between Dade and Broward that it would work.

Comment

Gainsvilles collage population is 90,000 and every weekend they are looking for something to do. They are not going to go to HHNs and HOS every weekend. They watch the Gators play and then want to party. I for one would like them to party here. We are only charging $5.00 this year because in the past it was free, so I don't want to give them sticker shock. Would I open a haunt in Orlando or Tampa? No, but here in the Melrose/Hawthorne area yes, will it draw 50,000 people? No but, someday I would like to see my event get that big. Larry, did you not open "The Darkness" in Tampa once?
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

This is the haunt coming to Miami. http://www.nightmaremiami.com/

Comment

Not to mention that Jacksonville is the largest and most populated city in the whole state of FL. I think a major haunt here would stand on its own, of course if it delivers quality...we are just under 2 hours to universal, which is still pretty close, but people normally visit more than one haunt, esp when the economy is better.
                              Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
                              [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Working...
                              X