Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best color of LED Mini-spotlight to use with the changing portraits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best color of LED Mini-spotlight to use with the changing portraits?

I have about 50 mini-spots from the terror on the fox crew, I need some input on what the best color is that should be used to spotlight changing portaits?

IMHO the best thing to do is actually turn out the lights and play with the minispots until you are satisfied with the look. The brightness varies with color and distance to the portrait. Another option is to light the portraits from behind using the minispot or triple LED miniflood.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Hello,

I contacted Bert with your question, he does not have an account here so I will post his response here.

"The lights you will need will depend on how you want your portraits to look and the space available. They may be lit from the front with a single Mini Spotlight or back lit with our compact light bar. Both methods work well, but the back lighting may require space behind the portrait for the light to diffuse.

At Terror on the Fox we use both methods usually using the warm white spot for front light and the white light bar for back lighting. Any color light will work but we use the whites for a more natural look.

For clarification MiniSpotlight.com and it's products are not from Terror on the Fox or Bad Boys Scenic Design. We are a Solid State lighting manufacturer and design company. I am a member of Bad Boys Scenic Design and work at Terror on the Fox so I can see were confusion comes form.

If you have any other question or would like more details you can contact me at bert@minispotlight.com or call 920-255-1975.

Thanks,
      Bert Zelten
      MiniSpotlight.com "

Hope this helps. (I think they look incredible lit from behind!)

Take care,

Tattoo
      Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Thanks MindWerx, Tattoo, and Bert. I wish I had the time to box the pics in and light from behind. A project for 2009! I have several warm whites, I will light them from the front and give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
        X