Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris
    Originally posted by haunter112
    Yeah... it's too bad these forums are on a PRIVATELY-OWNED, COMMERCIAL website, huh?
    Are you saying that this website is actually owned by these same haunt suppliers?
    Nope.

I just think you are under the impression this forum is some kind of grassroots network created for haunters, by haunters, etc.

This isn't a democracy... it's a benelovent monarchy.

One of the reasons a lot of people get confused about this is because Larry takes a very hands-off approach to managing this forum. He very seldomly deletes a post or bans anyone other than spammers.

He pretty much gives us the run of the place.

It's can be quite easy to forget that this is a PRIVATELY-OWNED forum on a COMMERCIAL website.

WE ARE ONLY GUESTS HERE!

We can whine.... we can complain... but in the end, it's Larry's decision.

If you don't like how this place is run... start your own forum.

Hell... I'll sign up as your first member and we can debate this some more.
    Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Just an outside question sorta about this subject.

When you make these purchases do they say "we will ship it on xx/xx/xxxx" leading you to believe it is sitting on a shelf or do they tell you upfront you are preordering and the deposit is a material fee an the balance is construction and labor costs.

If that is the fact maybe thses comoanies need to look into Eli Whitney's plan of interchangeable parts to mass produce their new widget everyone will want in their haunt instead of each unit being a "one-off" and just slightly different and a pian to repair if failure occurs.

Now for a question of my own.

Does anyone ever see a cool new item at one of the shows and say
      "PSSHHT, I can build one of those" and do it?
      http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
      Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
      When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
      If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Originally posted by PumpkinHead

Chris,
        Sorry if my sarcasm made you think I was against your idea. I am all for exposing the companies who are trying to rip off my haunting friends. I think we NEED a forum or a portion of a forum for this purpose only. Maybe a simple thread such as "GREAT COMPANIES" and another thread for companies to stay away from. Of course there would have to be scrict monitoring of the threads because you never know when someone from a competitors company might want to discredit an opponent. I think that a forum like this would be a valuable tool for the industry ,but I am not sure that this forum would be the best place to house it.
        Thanks,
        PH
        Then we are in complete agreement. I appologize for the sarcastic nature of my response and plead frustration as this thread is a duplicate of one from last year. How many struggling haunt owners have to come here with real-life horror stories before a feedback forum like this becomes a good idea?
        "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by haunter112

Nope.

I just think you are under the impression this forum is some kind of grassroots network created for haunters, by haunters, etc.
          Regardless of who owns it or created it, if this forum was not created by haunters for haunters then what exactly is it? Haunt suppliers advertise here so that haunters see their ads. Not other haunt suppliers, but haunters. Larry too is a haunt supplier in that he provides a service to haunters (a place to exchange information) and then sells the rights to advertise to those who visit. I am suggesting a relatively effortless way for Larry to inprove the service he provides.

Let me be blunt. The product Larry is selling is us -- haunters -- and he is selling access to us to advertisers. We are here because it is a good place to exchange information. If, for any reason, it stops being that place then we wont be here and neither will the people paying Larry for the rights to flash their messages in front of us. This is just like TV where advertisers pay based on the ratings of the programs.

I am making a SUGGESTION for how Larry can improve the website. Keeping sight of the reason for this forum's existance, haunters, is a good place to start.
          "To be matter-of-fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy - and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

If this customer service forum is off somewhere other than right here is anyone going to visit it every day? Nope. So other than that it is Lather Rinse Repeat. Even Einstien had to do that occasionally to have such groovy hair!
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

.and don't forget Larry Fine, the stooge with the wire-hair or Doctor Zorba on the old TV show "Ben Casey", Einstein hair imitators.
              Did somebody say "Tators?"
              Where's the gravy?

A business competitor negating his competition's business anonymously on-line?
              This would never happen.
              No haunts ever tell their workers to go on line and say bad things about the other guy's haunt down the block do they?
              Of course critisicm can be good, this how I found out that I have a meth lab in my house! I didn't know!
              I also never knew that somehow running tours every night of the year I somehow have some time to run a local satanic cult?
              I am SO BUSY, more than even I knew!
              Maybe I wouldn't have to pay my helpers if they all worshiped me or needed chemical stimulation I was providing, of course the quality of the tour might suffer somewhat........hahahaha!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Off subject.

There has been a lot of off subject discussion here but to sum it up.

1.) Prop building industry has a lot of work in gaining trust.
                2.) Meeting deadlines.
                3.) Money transactions (How to handle) (Deposits)(Delivery)
                4.) Need a rating service. I think someone has started another post.

I would even offer our forum page for discussion.

www.hauntednetwork.com

Might even make sense due to the fact we are (Networking)

Comment

Until Larry says otherwise this is not the forum for prop supplier "reviews."
                  Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry that's not the way it works here. We wait until Larry PM's us to call him directly to seace and desist what ever activity. Until further notice you are not in charge.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I am lost

I just want someone to do what they say. So I can sell what they do.

EASY

Comment

With Transworld in Feb. this year I'm counting 214 days and seven months before October...sounds like a long time to me? (To get products made and shipped)
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise
                          Oh, I'm sorry that's not the way it works here. We wait until Larry PM's us to call him directly to seace and desist what ever activity. Until further notice you are not in charge.
                          Neither are you, Mister Dunn & Broadstreet.

What's a seace?

Did you mean seance or cease?
                          Guerilla Haunter

Comment

No I am not in charge but, you are one of these young upstarts like Jolly Roger as well. Not quite as bad but working on it.

It's Dunn and Bradstreet by the way, a listing of credit worthiness to 4.5 million. Or Dun and Bradstreet.

I will be checking your future posts for any spelling or grammatical errors, thanks for keeping up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes, I lost more than many get the chance to achieve. This is how perhaps you learn things the hardway. I have offered all kinds of personal information and experiences over the years on this board. I even use my full name. How about everyone else do that too, not just be little cyber dorks posting Hey here's a link to horror dork.com what do you guys thing of that?
                              sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's my own lack of imagination but "Jim Warfield" was the best that I could come up with...wait, from now on call me "The King Of Siam!"
                                Or maybe "The bloody King of Siam"? Or maybe the Twin Kings of Siam?"
                                Or maybe " The Claw Marks on Your Sister's Bedroom Window?"
                                Sure. That's it. After a few months people will forget who I really am and I can say anything to anybody and they won't know, except your Sister, she will never forget!
                                "GGGRR!"
                                "EEEK!"
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X