No announcement yet.

Prop Escrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may also be relative to wether you are into having massive credit listings, like owning your own corporation. Not every one is or wants to be. I certainly am not any more but it shows a level of experience good or bad perhaps I learned it as all bad and there are better things in life to try to maintain.

Like now I'm running charity haunts that barely pay the labor to set up and tear down let alone storage and such. Because the charity gets 80%. Again personal information. Go ahead and pull up all of my prior posts and you will see me trying to communicate these things and thinking out loud a bit trying to figure things out. But, I'm not incharge here. And this board is not being used like it was, a nice community of people trying to relate one anothers experiences to see if any ideas fly from that.

In fact because of the latest stream of cyber punks, old timers and the really knowlegeable do not post here any more. So perhaps even more losses is your loss too. I don't believe I have ever tried to say I am somebody and you are not unless I was joking but, frankly I don't know you, you have not provided much real personal information and I don't know you.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Ooops that's Jim telling me to shut up now. I have learned you too much.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

And if you are into checking things out from history, there is this series of books in the public Library call the Thomas Register. Of course to check such things you have to back away from the computer and leave the house. You can check someone's house hold income for any region for decades in the past to verify things. I'm like such a name dropper. Oh aren't I the smart one. No butt wipe that isn't how to take such information.

And maybe if I wasn't so disturbed about what this forum has become, I could spell better, there would still be marks on my computer keys to know what the letters are supposed to be.

I have watched when I first came on years and years ago, serious name calling, to a bunch of juggalos teaching us how to swear by misspelling the words so the thing doesn't get it, to MR DB Dorey now Jolly roger and his WTF what would you have do with me. I no speak english so good what you guys on HW think.

I'm really not someone to mess with. I have nothing to live for and I will use your lungs as party balloons. ( Just kidding, J/K :lol: or what ever gets through these days or maybe I'm totally serious )

Oh, screw it.
        sigpic

Comment

Who ya argueing with now you old brain fart?
          You're argueing with yourself arn't you?
          No I'm not screw you anyhow!

This is my arguement but out fool.
          Who you callin fool fool
          Why ain't there no spell checker on this thing

Don't change the subject dork.

Oh, yeah, okay.....Some small percentage of vendors suck.

Thankyou for your time, you may resume your normal life.

There you go with more diatribe you a$$hole who do you think you are, you must really think you are somebody.

Go ahead say one more thing and I'm throwing this freakin dial up peice of crap out on the highway!

I'll be back to check for spelling errors.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, your just some kinda nut case aren't ya.
            Screw you if they can post meaningless crap so can I.

But, dear these are just young people looking for attention. They just want to feel wanted, what were you like when you were young? Who gives a crap! I certainly wasn't able to infect the whole planet because there weren't computers! You could only stab so many with a #2 pencil before you went down. Now what do you think is going to be achieved with this line of thinking? Who cares!

Now you know that isn't right, I'm not sure I can be around someone like you.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt.
            sigpic

Comment

There, I hope you are happy now. Look what has happened.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haunter112

I just think you are under the impression this forum is some kind of grassroots network created for haunters, by haunters, etc.

This isn't a democracy... it's a benelovent monarchy.
                Haunter112, a few months ago another subject had Larry and I on the phone discussing the subject long into the night. It was also discussed why this forum remains getting daily attention. I used to go into tyrants like that quite often and to some degree it might have been funny to some but mostly I would imagine to Jim Warfied. Larry was wishing the content we reacted to or how we reacted to subjects was way more professional and restrained. He thought it would offer much more. My opinion was that rather than it being a deterent or some kind of topic by topic sabotage that people were infact coming to also be entertained, not just to collect dry data about haunted house issues.

It is a democracy otherwise Larry would be the highest poster. This sight has eveolved to being who all is on it and who participates. This includes what issues and complaints people might have with any portion of service or supply all the way to media about haunted houses. The fact is, for a great majority, haunted houses are a massive undertaking and do not bring in millions annually and so levity, sympathy and interaction are all part of what makes this forum tick.

It is natural for the newer to take up the reins where they see opportunity but it is too easy to consider that what is posted are more discussions and interaction rather than some Rogettes Rules of Order board meeting. This board has no chairman and if it was based on number of posts, it must be Jim. If it is based on number of Topics it must be Jolly Roger that is in charge. This is the only forum that has achieved well over 2,000 members and maintains them all. Although going through the 34 some pages of members maybe only 60 have a substantial number of posts, no one is really in charge as long as it works. And it is working, certainly not the way Larry had truely intended but yet quite the unique community.

All the way from veteran haunter to cyber punks are offered here. Any one can post with out having to be pre approved. And so you have a resillient environment here. very few topics are taboo and no one can speak for Larry or assume what he has in his mind. What is developed here is something futurists refer to as interacting, evolving and so on.

If you ask a bunch of 3rd graders what should be done about certain world issues the first thing a majority will say is there should be a law about it. With maturity it becomes obvious that not every issue can be policed and restraint should be offered so that the resources of society are somewhat in balance. Same goes here. No one can go over each and every post in real time 24/7 365 days per year. No one can afford to do this and still have a forum and so what has transpired here is very unusual and unique.

Even though there is not one spectrum of agreement among all of the members here, this is infact the secret of why these resources become helpful. You get a wide spectrum of perspectives. Every one is to some extent in charge but not necessarily in any manor of control. There are no needs for other forums because this is the best. People are still laible for false claims and frankly having to go 15 places to keep informed just plain sucks. And so most of it has gravitated right here, good or bad and somehow we must keep it in control only by opinions posted or derailing a topic. A really good topic cannot be derailed.

And so it goes.

If I had $17,000 I wouldn't give it top anyone unless I drove away the same day with the product. Real competition among vendors will force them to have it in stock, provide warranties and proper service only if it is a community opinion and action, not one guy getting ripped. There are vendor coilitions that attempt to qualify or make light if flaky customers and so should there be customers venting their concerns.

Other forums have this little Nazi Blurp at the top about what will ad will not be posted here. Every post might in fact be challenged by a moderator and they are dry, not the slightest entertaining and perhaps frustrating. There may be posts but no real responces beyond Wow, that's great, let me know how that works out for you. I've had more pleasurable conversations with the tellers at the bank.

And finally when I see someone making up little rules and trying to justify them, something snaps in my experience. No reason to quell a resilient environment. Other wise it becomes like the other lesser forums.

Okay start waving the flag and sing the Hauntworld song.
                sigpic

Comment

Mr. Tuxedo, The Ravens Grin Inn Spookhouse Cat has a bubble in his furr-balled little throat and a catnip-inspired tear in his eye...Gregg, you said everything he has always been trying to say, except "Pass the Mouse-Meat", but he's waiting, you might say that too?
                  Well done!
                  Hurrah!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Al Gore points out that due to global warming, there will be considerable increase in rodentia over the next 50 years. This means the mouse meat will likely be coming to you, perhaps faster than you would like.
                    sigpic

Comment

"Global Warming" will be magnified via the friction of all those scurrying little mouse feet too, can't easily discount this influence either!
                      The hairless, suntanned rodent will then come into his own.
                      Tiny arm-pit deodrent products and tiny Harleys will...wait a minute Harley riders don't need deodrent do they?
                      Tiny Harleys will need full rear fender skirting to keep tails from between spokes, though.
                      Tatoos on mouse tails.........
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

All along I have been avoiding having to use nanotechnology or quantum particle devices to airbrush tiny things. Better to outsource it to dudes that write on rice. From writing on white rice to writing white mice. We're having a white sale!
                        sigpic

Comment

But, I use a creative "Brush" as big as a house to "write" on tiny brain cells!
                          (Or is it, I use my house?) hahahah!
                          Bedtime......
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X