Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to attach rubber roaches to walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best way to attach rubber roaches to walls?

Other than staples (staples are a love/hate relationship for haunters), what is the best and quickest way to attach roaches to walls made from plywood/osb, the walls have been painted.

Attaching roaches

Graham use hotglue
    Aven

Comment

Drywall screws.

Comment

here is my experience .... I used hot glue on roaches and some of the glue came off afterwards and some didn't. I used in a kitchen scene on top of wallpaper. Some roaches stayed on some didn't.... the ones that didn't went home with patrons. By the end of the season it was an all out roach fight....lmfao patrons throwing them at patrons, actors throwing them at patrons etc. I'd say trial and error... depending on if you wat to reuse them I'd say glue if not silicone or an adhesive.... maybe even those little velcro circles adheseive on each to make each stick ? Allot of people reuse them so these are just ideas. Sorry for rambling....hot glue works well kinda....
        "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
        www.maliciousstudios.com
        "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
        http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I used liquid nails with pretty good success. You will ALWAYS be reapplying bugs regardless of what method you use. I apply a little KY Jelly to their backs to add to the effect and discourage people from touching them.

Comment

I have to go with Infoamtek on this one. I spent one evening running drywall screws through the center of my roaches. It was then very easy to attach them to the walls.

There was never any need to reattach them.

Comment

Staple Gun

Use a pneumatic staple gun. 1/4''x1'' they are small you cant see them and they will never ever fall off!!! Shane Graystone Manor
              sigpic

Comment

But Shane, wouldn't that squish them so much to the wall that they look,
                well, fake?

Sarah
                Sarah Meier
                Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Sarah

I guess it might depend on where you get the roaches. I buy mine from Oak Island they feel real and they are make of some sort of rubber. When you use a pneumatic staple gun they pop them in so hard and fast it never changes the look. Try their brand and my suggestion. let me warn ya though you will play hell in getting them off the wall if you ever want them off! Seriously I tried everything this is by far the best way! Shane and its I guarantee you will be happy with the results Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Solve the removal problem before it happens. Mount the bugs on a piece of wood that you then attach to the wall, this might make attaching them easier too, do it as the board is on a workbench instead of reaching above you.
                    I did alot of work attaching little plastic spiders to a ceiling and a week later all 120 of them had went home with my customers!
                    Obviously the ceiling was too low~!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

How about using a rubber roach clip? May work and most definitely will get you high!
                      The Haunter's Depot
                      www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Working...
                      X