Simulating sound of shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulating sound of shotgun

I need to simulate the sound of a shotgun firing in a scene believably. Does anyone have advice on amps/speakers that could accomplish this? Has anyone done this in a scene and have advice.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

Well first you need to a controller with a MP3 PLAYER (FOR GOOD QUALITY SOUND) and then a trigger probably a FLOOR MAT so the actor could trigger it easily. And you also need some good powered speakers. You might be able to pull it off with a 3 WAY SPEAKER kit with a SUB for $50 TO $100.
    I can help you out with the SHOTGUN SOUND part.
    email me adam@poisonprops.com
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Originally posted by poison View Post
      Well first you need to a controller with a MP3 PLAYER (FOR GOOD QUALITY SOUND) and then a trigger probably a FLOOR MAT so the actor could trigger it easily. And you also need some good powered speakers. You might be able to pull it off with a 3 WAY SPEAKER kit with a SUB for $50 TO $100.
      Again Exorcist will do the job of the MP3 player and can accept a mat switch...

you can plug just about any speaker combo into a PC.

Comment

What's exorsist?
        sigpic
        PEACE, ADAM
        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

It is a PC based control system for integrating a number of control functions for a haunted house.

Exorcist has the capacity to link Sound, video, lighting and animatronic motion events to each other or input switches.

Initially its primary function was as a simple means to trigger VSA routines, however over the past three years its functionality has steadily increased, making it feasible to use a single computer to not just control a single set, but control an entire haunted house.

When coupled with the 7.1 sound file mixer then you can luse a 7.1 speaker system as 8 separate speakers.

More info on www.skulltronix.com

Comment

Originally posted by poison View Post
            Well, I am using a Hauntbots APC8+ controller and Wavrunner sound expansion, so that part is covered. I would love to have a sound file if you have a good shotgun sound. Need only the blast, not cocking sound, etc.

Thanks!
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

EMAIL ME.
              adam@poisonprops.com
              sigpic
              PEACE, ADAM
              www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Shotgun ?? And what are you wishing to do with this "shotgun?"
                "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                www.maliciousstudios.com
                "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

the best way to get a sound that resebles a shotgun is to use shotgun shells.... anything digital will sould gay in my opinion. Its like hearing a gunshot on t.v. it just doesn't sound right does it ?
                  "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                  www.maliciousstudios.com
                  "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                  http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Air nailer gun

Beleive it or not, we are using one of those air nailer guns with the end taken off. It was actually built to be a t-shirt shooter (and works well lol). But if you shoot it with nothing loaded in it, it is loud...real loud and is scaring the *&^% out of people!

Comment

Working...
                    X