Trying something new this season..your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony,

Yeah eddie asked wtf why are you posting this due to other nearby haunts copying a lot of what we do(hckkk.cleers throat...pirate ship!) but if we did do this and iv'e announced it hear and they haven't then i guessed we announced it first.

Man i hope it dosen't get that petty that i have to fall back to this posting of who did what first,,,seriously!

But i did tell Eddie that i was very concerned from a traditional haunters standpoint that this idea is may be wrong to do and that we needed feedback especially from people here that run their own attractions.

Who better to know than all the haunt owners of america.

It's funny even with the great feedback im still very on the fence with this wether to do it or not but it's the mans show, i back him 110 % and then even more. So if he says do it we do it, if not then we go to our spots and get them there.

Just trying different things to make our show an original.

P.S. The boat is almost done!

Comment

Kevin - listen to your gut! If you have reservations about whether this is a good idea or not, then don't do it! Personally, everytime I have gona against my gut feeling - I have been royally screwed!
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

As a guest I think the idea is cool. The marching thing...like an army of souls and ghouls and all out evil preparing to attack the innocent (the customers). If you keep it creepy with everyone running into the crowd and stuff thats very cool and unexpected.

Floats would be cool, but not necessary and could cost more time and money to make. I think it's good for everyone to come out in military formation.

I think the dancing DOES break character like someone above said, it'd make it funnier though. Maybe if you did do it, it'd be in the middle. Like for example the drill sear gent yells at people. Then the song plays everyone starts dancing the song stops, the sear gent yells and tells them to act serious and evil. All the people get back into formation and then some quick dialog and then they run into the crowd.

If I had to suggest a song though, for you to use, since you want something like hiphop I think 2 good songs from this year to use would be Disturbia by Rihanna or Lolli Lolli [Pop That Body] because it samples the Halloween piano in it. (look them up on youtube).

Just my opinion! I'd say go for it if you can handle it right. I think the first marching out kinda gives off the impression to people like "oh this sucks. it doesnt look scary." then you send actors out at the crowd and heighten their fear sense more.

Comment

The opening performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last night was Rihanna with a group that looked like monsters doing a great spooky thriller-typed dance. I don't remember the name of the song, but I think this would be great for something like what you're wanting to do. I'm sure if I know MTV, they will be showing it repeatedly for a while. If you get a chance, you should watch it.

Comment

Kevin, I think that this is a killer idea.

I worked with Raycliff Manor not too long ago, that did this during a parade.

It was a ton of fun for us actors, and it gave everyone in the crowd a great time. Plenty of laughs, plenty of pictures, and plenty of screams!

Now, doing this at your event, IMO is even better. It gives all your early bird guests an extra bang-for-the-buck. Usually when you go to a haunt really early in the nights, sometimes all the actors arent pumped up yet, so the experience isnt all that great.

This will deffinately give your patrons the feeling that they're getting a good value for the price.

Go tear 'em up man, and let us know how it goes!
            Brad Bowen
            Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
            www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by MonaLottProductions View Post
              The opening performance at the MTV Video Music Awards last night was Rihanna with a group that looked like monsters doing a great spooky thriller-typed dance. I don't remember the name of the song, but I think this would be great for something like what you're wanting to do. I'm sure if I know MTV, they will be showing it repeatedly for a while. If you get a chance, you should watch it.
              yes thats Disturbia by Rihanna, the video is pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
              X