Jamie Update- Good news Aug 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Update- Good news Aug 24th

There is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel!!
    Nurses had told us there would very little progress, then as the swelling decreased there would huge leaps. Well we’re leaping now!!!

Just within the last 3 days, she can now talk to you, slowly, sometimes gravelly, but she is using sentences! She is able to swallow so she is drinking water, and they started her on some semi-solid food!

She can sit up in the bed no problem. With someone to steady her, she can stand by herself!! They may get her a walker and start her walking this week!!! Literally leaps and bounds!!!

Hopefully the problems she will have will be able to be overcome with time and therapy. Speech is something can be relearned. She has a droopy eye. If left alone it is almost closed, but if you ask her she can force it open so it may be a matter of merely relearning.

She is definitely beating the odds!!! But we know how much a fighter she is!!!

This will be a long slow road to recovery, but at least now she is on the road!!!

I had told her she wasn’t getting out of the haunt, I would just wheel her hospital bed right into the Asylum!!! She laughed and said “OK with me!!!”

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I know we’re all busy (we move on site next week), but now that she can respond anyone that wants to send a card just mail it to me at;
    1817 Hermitage Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89108 and I’ll be able to hand them to her!!! She may even be reading them herself soon!!!!

To a great season…ours just got a bit better!!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Please excuse my thought process here but i have been thinking about this Jamie since you posted your first post.

If this is incorrect please excuse my idiocy in all ways.

It's been driving me nuts since your first breaking news post because if i have the right girl then i know her pretty well which really upsets me more.

The reason i say this is because IF im right then she used to hang out with Joe and Bonnie of 11th hour fame, did some time at Dream Reapers, Helped work the Bloody Mary Booth as i remember at TW, Guest toured everywhere, even came to Screamfest for the TW dinner in 2003 to help out.

Supposedly the Jamie i mentioned moved to Vegas about 2 years ago and was still working in the haunt industry, Bonnie had gone off to Make up school and i lost touch with all 3 of them.

Is this the same Jamie pictured below, the girl in the middle? The girl to her Left is Bonnie and the girl on the right one of our girls from Screamefst picture taken at dream reapers 2006 maybe?

Again Please Everybody don't shoot me for posting this even if incorrect. It's just killing me not to know if in fact i have worked with this girl many times.

Last edited by Kevin Dells; 08-24-2008, 08:32 PM.

Comment

That is just great!!!

God is surly laying his healing hand on Jamie! Hang in there babe were sending you a prayer from Graystone Manor! Shane
      sigpic

Comment

This kind of stuff is not what makes me happy, i am sorry through and through...........LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE!!! And this pisses me off, again i am sorry this happend.

Jason Blaszczak
        SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

Would it be all right to send her a card, even though Jamie and I have
          never met? Or would that be too weird?

Sarah
          Sarah Meier
          Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
          "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Yep Kevin,
            That's Jamie in the middle.

Any cards can just be mailed to me. Now that she's responsive I can take them over and she can actually see them!!

Thanks
            R&J Productions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Oh Dam im really bummin now!

Theres only one thing that even comes to mind when i read that.

I am dedicating my entire haunt season to Jamies behalf, i will lead the entire crew in prayer for her every night this season she will be in the thoughts and prayers of everyone on our crew.

Dam man you have me tearing up!

If she's awake enough and understanding Please give her my love and thoughts!

She's not going to remember me by name but she will definetley remember me by Babyman she loves that character!

Tell her every weekend in October if her room shakes it's our crew in North Carolina rippin out the rage for her!

Please keep updating us!

Comment

That's great news! God definitely works miracles! Me and my entire crew will keep her in our prayers for continued recovery.
                Kip Polley
                www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                We Engineer Fear

Comment

Glad to hear that she is doing better! Well wishes, prayers and positive energy still heading her way!
                  www.mindseizure.com
                  www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Working...
                  X