Scene Repeaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scene Repeaters

Is anyone familar with a method on how to hook up a regular dvd or cd player to a button to use as a repeater. I'm just looking for a cost effective way to play an audio track and an audio/video track at the push of a button, and digital repeaters are all very expensive. Any help will be appreciated!
    The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Wouldn't a remote control work? If using a DVD, it would be simple enough to use a black screen as the menu and author it so that the track will play and immediately return to the menu. Then you would only need to press the play button on the remote to queue it up.

Same thing with audio. Most CD players come with a remote.
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

use the remote...

Originally posted by actiondeath View Post
      Wouldn't a remote control work? .
      We have done this the last 2 years...
      A Black Menu, one Title/scene, just push play. We used this in a "Rules Room" with a hidden actor/scare. The actor started the video and times the scare to it.
      Good luck.
      Aaron
      Braineater Productions
      Braineater Haunted House, Sidney B.C.

Comment

I am looking to have a different one in each scene. I guess I could use the same player in each scene so the same remote would work on each one. I just figured it would be easy to connect a button to the player. Thanks for the help!
        The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

You could just open each player up and hard wire a button into the contacts for the Play function.

Comment

Exactly What Barry Said!
            sigpic
            PEACE, ADAM
            www.poisonprops.com

Comment

I still use a really old TV in my first room, I like it because unlike alot of more modern electronics, the old TV doesnot have to be re-programmed everytime the 120 volts to it gets interupted (by me for the effect)
              When it is "toast" I guess then I'll have to have a remote in my hand, in the dark, aiming at a TV that may or maynot be responding to my wishes.
              I guess I could zero it in on the receiving spot on the tv then glue it to the wall?
              I just solved my potential problem!!
              Thanks Jim!
              You're Welcome Jim!
              I really enjoy your posts Jim.
              That's odd, so do I!
              Are you as handsome as they say you are?
              Definately...not! (but I save alot of money on masks and scary genetic/accident victim make up!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X