Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
    well it ended like this...
    the building inspector is coming to check it out tommorow, he sounded very enthused about it and he wanted us to do it. So i will let you know what he said tommorow.

Can you all tell me what building inspectors look for and what i can do to prepare for it.

and they said that if they say that we need a permit we will have 30 to 60 days to get one, so technically if they wait a few days to tell us that we are going to need one we can just hurry up and have it down asap after halloween. and then they wouldnt say anything. cause once its down they wont bug us anymore.
    If they tell you to get a permit go get a permit. They are like $50(or at least that is what i pay). Don't try and drag it out so it will be torn down before your 60 days. Start building the proper relationships with your officials now. If don't start out on the right foot now they can make it much harder on you later if you decide to keep doing this.
    Jared Layman

Comment

its not that it costs a lot, but if we get a permit we will have tons of inspections that we wont pass so idk,
      the building inspector is coming by sometime today, ill let you all know.
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Be sure to put up a huge , gaudy Chritmas display immediately after you take it down!

Comment

Omg

John that was funny as hell!!!! Amen Amen Brother!!! Shane and its I am LMAO Shane this time!
          sigpic

Comment

I think you would be pleasently suprised on how the permit works. the building inspectors and or inspections are how you make them. If you follow the rules and or just build the haunt with safety in mind I am sure you will have no problems with the permit route. Also in the future if you establish relationships with the inspectors (as most are just real people doing a job) it will make your permits a breeze. Always best to work with them than try to sneak around, once you get labeled it will be allot harder to pass them inspections if you try to pull the wool over there eyes.

Comment

hey just to let yall know we are trying to work with them.
              The inspector was so impressed by it that he wants us to keep it up, but it would still need to be to code. So it was his idea to wait a while and then give us the 60 days notice so we are in a good relationship with him now. Plus this is our last year at my house, we will either be moving it to a building next year.
              Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

I have been waiting to see how u made out.
                Looks like u will be ok, just do what he suggests now.
                Glad to hear its nothing really negative.
                Good luck man!

Comment

yeah thanks
                  by the way, did you still want our haunt in this months issue?

Comment

If you move it to a building next year,make sure it's within this inspectors jurisdiction. He sounds cool as hell, getting it to code is not that tough.

Your going to need an exit door or two as well as fire extingushers to put near them.

And like i said get rid of the black plastic,BIG no no!

Congrads man! And look at it this way, your there now and a little bussiness smarter than you were a week or two ago. You find a building next year, you draw out a scamatic(spelling) of maze,fire escape routes and present it to him early and you are now playing the building haunt game.

I love to help the little guys, so if you ever have a question feel free to contact me for info as well as post here.

Comment

Cool, now that you will be able to open be sure to put a big sign up at the exit saying " TRICK - OR - TREAT CANDY " and have arrows pointing to your neighbors house.lol.
                      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Somethingintheice mad me think us this , i saw it in a bulletin today . Might be worth a shot!

10 ways to get your neighbors to move

1)Order pizza and other food to their house and pick it up at their doorstep claiming that you don‘t have a phone.

2)Stand over the plants in your yard with a hose and Scream, "I have your life in my hands, bow down to me!". Then point at each one and declare them good or bad plants, while watering the bad ones.

3)Bring them restraining orders on inanimate objects in their house. (i.e., chairs, books, lamps, etc.
                        )

4)Ask them if you can put your trash in their cans, if they ask why say, "Mine are full of bodies", then stutter and say, "I uh mean other garbage." Walk away laughing hysterically.

5)Patrol the perimeter of your yard while carrying a broom. If they come close state that there is a 3 foot neutral area between the two yards.

6)At night transplant the plants in their garden. In the morning say, "looks like they‘re on the move again.
                        "

7)When they‘re watching TV, pull a lawn chair behind their window. Sit down with popcorn and a drink and ask them if they could open a window so you can hear too.

8)Build snowmen with name tags of your neighbors. Each day hack off a different part of their body.

9)Use your TV remote to change the channels on their TV from outside. If asked why, say you protest such programs. (The more educational the program the better.
                        )

10)Dig shallow graves at night filling your yard with brown grave patches. Make markers out of household appliances.

Comment

11) building a haunted house that takes up every square inch of your yard. =)

thats some good stuff right there lol

Comment

12) Put a for sale sign in your neigbors yard when they leave during the day with their phone number on it if available.

Comment

Working...
                            X