Tips for making trees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for making trees?

Hey we are going to be in the process of making some fake tree's here pretty soon. I just wanted to know how everyone else doe's theres. Last year we used 2x4's for the frame. Wraped that with chicken fence and then covered it with sheets of monster mud which was very messy. Just wondering if there is a easier cleaner way? Thanks
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Large Bark or Wood Chips

This is not exactly a cleaner way to do it, but a suggestion for making trees look more authentic. To add that over the top detail, you may want to get the monster mud coating on and then put some nice large chunks of landscaping bark in it or large pieces of a wood/tree you are trying to simulate. It adds that realism the customer will notice.

Enjoy!
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

I like this bark detail idea from landscape mulch. I'm wondering why not have a fiberglass layer over the chicken wire so you aren't making new ones every year. Or if you are making more trees it is adding to the "forest"

A final coat of fiberglass resin could be the medium that is the glue for the bark chips to stay put.

If not fiberglass, you could replace the monster mud with acrylic additive in concrete for the same purpose as the mud but, lasting for years.

One of the tricks from one of the masters had a layer of fiberglass home insulation over the wire with the fiberglass mat and resin put over that coming up with the irregular shapes with a brush. Then the bark.

Somehow I'm seeing an entire tree finished with plastic cock roaches instead of bark. But, I'm just wrong that way.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

I think it would be So clever if you goosed one of the magic elves who was making this fiberglass tree and his body became part of the design, or do it the salvage yard way and put your junkyard dog on a short chain , then ignore him to get your realistic bark.
        Then there is that small ship called a bark..probably for old sea dogs.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You know what you go out to REAL trees and cut those SMALL from down here LOL, branches off and when they actually get down on the ground they turn out to be HUGE trees that you can actually use inside your building your graveyard or where ever.

The best fake trees are REAL trees!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
          X