No announcement yet.

Just got the new Hauntworld !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the day, it's all about content -- and the content in the latest HW is great. I appreciated the coverage of the Schoolhouse (a long-time fave of the ScareHouse crew) - and also the summary of so many unusual attractions in Ohio/Ky/Indiana that I had either never heard of before, or that haven't received significant exposure before.

I'm a fan of the format for the 2 haunt feature stories, as well (summary of event followed by 13 questions) It was refreshing to see articles go beyond the usual summary of features and highlights and get into the actual mindset and approach of the creators.

I will, however, neither confirm nor deny the existance of the alleged "secret bowling alley" that Ben mentioned.

It was worth the wait -- great job.
    Scott Simmons
    The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
    http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Thanks Scott, and everyone...

This latest issue was a REAL work for art for us around here. We've been moving slowly towards Brainstorm doing the whole thing for a while, with each issue we've had them do more and more of it. Now they've done the whole thing and we probably will have them do future issues.

The next issue will come out after the IAAPA show and will be a THEMED magazine, meaning it will have ONE theme, although I can't say what it is yet. .. however Scott you are right featuring more than one haunt per magazine is the way to go.

We already have ONE picked out...

What haunt would the everyone like to see featured in the next magazine (releasing December 2008)????

Then we have the Transworld 2009 March issue...what haunts would you like to see featured for that issue?

This magazine is for YOU, YOU pay for it...so who do you want to see???

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

In PA....

and I haven't gotten mine yet. Been waiting for it......
        By my calculations, I should have one more issue left before renewal.......
        Last edited by daynjohn; 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I would like to see a issue done on House of Torment in Texas. And I think Jim deserves to be in an issue of Haunt World. He really has a unique attraction with the Ravens Grin Inn. And for the March issue why not have the Darkness featured in the Transworld issue. After all its in St. Louis next year and that issue should be all about Transworld shouldnt it?! I would like to know the history on the Darkness and how it got started from the ground up. Kinda like your editorial in the latest magazine about you Larry & Jim going to Transworld for the first time and loaded down your car with props ect. That would really be great. Tell about the old Welsch Factory and David Welsch and his part in the Darkness. And tell about the ghost storie of the old baby carriage factory. Alot of your actors have told me some stories about it being haunted. That was my favorite Darkness when you had the Frankenstein in the first room. And then tell all about the new Darkness what all it took to make it one of the best haunts in the nation.
          Thanks,
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
          X