need opinon from the pro's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need opinon from the pro's

I am planning on advertising in the paper for our event by putting an insert in the newspaper. This paper covers our entire area and the entire city of Gainesville ie 80,000 college students. The cost is 490.00 for 10,000 inserts. If you could only do it for 1 day what day would you choose Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Our event runs the 17,18,24,25,and 31st.

I'd go with Friday the 17th. A lot of people look at the paper on Fridays for weekend activities and movie listings. For some reason people don't look at the paper much on Saturdays, but things could be different in your area. Sunday would be better than Friday, but you are not open again until the following Friday which gives people the better part of a week to forget. Attention Deficient Disorder will kill you every time.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

I would ask the newspaper what day most people buy the paper. I no longer buy the newspaper, but when I did, it was Sunday only because that was the one that had all of the advertisements in it. Now it's the Thursday newspaper that has the super insert with all of the weekend activities and movie listings, so if I was trying to plan for the weekend, I would buy that one.

Some newspapers will let people have a Sunday only subscription, which I used to have, but some require that you have an entire week subscription or a weekend only subscription. Therefore, I say it's really best to check with your particular newspaper and see what day most people are getting, through both subscriptions and individual purchases. Surely they could tell you which day's paper sells the most.

And I just saw that you have this thread twice with other posts on the other thread, so you should read what others are saying on the other thread. Just thought I should mention that.
      Last edited by FearSeeker; 09-03-2008, 12:06 AM.
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
      X